Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John, just checking in to see how things were going.

I'm in NC now waiting to head to Korea.

Devin

·
15,282 Posts
Devin --

Thanks for checking in on me and the build. Good luck hunting for a new home in NC before you ship out. I can hardly wait for you to get back to the States and start your project next year! I only wish NC was closer so I could return the favor and help...maybe I'll take some vacation when you're ready for wiring. :rolleyes: :D

As for my build, that modular motor is still the problem keeping us from being done. Remember John? He's helping me out by finishing up the wiring out in CA, and then will ship the car to me here in Houston. We think we finally got all the pieces we needed for that harness -- turned out that a couple of things were missing, but Cypress eventually dug them all up. Still, the PATS seems to be keeping the engine from starting -- we're assuming we have a wrong key, or something along those lines. There are some computer options that apparently solve this problem, and we'll likely try one this coming week or so. If that doesn't do it, then we've finally found some other harness options, as well as a *very expensive* complete replacement injection system. One way or another, we're going to get that bugger to run!

Everything else is pretty much done. The dash is ready to install, the interior is sitting and waiting, the body is in storage at SRP's, already painted, etc.

Once the engine starts, I'll post here. And of course there will be a big announcement once she's finally done! Stay tuned.

Cheers, John

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, Thanks for the update. I'll keep checking in from time to time to see how things are going. Father in law and I are heading over to Whitbys this week to poke around. It's only 20 miles away. Upon my return from Korea, I'll put my wiring on hold just for you, LOL. Anyways, talk to ya soon and I hope you get the wiring crap sorted out soon. Devin

·
4.6 Terminator Trailblazer
1,743 Posts
Hey John, Have you though of getting a Diablosport computer tuner? They can make a custom tune for you to disable the PATS system.

·
15,282 Posts
PhysicsGeek --

We're considering DiabloSport, but it seems that Tweecer is a more likely solution.

I'm hoping that I can work with R3 California Customs to try one out this week. Stay tuned!

Cheers, John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.