Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
OT Moderator
14,364 Posts
Sweet, looking good Russ. Where did you get those valve covers to fit a 392?

I'd like some of those for my car?

What carbs are you running now?

This looks like a future upgrade for me down the road.

·
Charter Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The valve cover adapters are from Superhart see http://mywebpages.comcast.net/superhart/cobra.htm
I think one of the venders here sells them also.
They are real FE valve covers with Sperharts adapters.
two 465 holley carbs. Had a single 600 cfm holley before. But it did get 17 mpg on the road. (how do you highlight a word on this page) I need to highlight DID.
Crazy mid ringe power now.
Russ

·
Junior Charter Member
791 Posts
Looks fantastic, I plan on dual quads from the start hopefully.
Once you can contain your foot again, recheck your mileage driving as normal as you did with the 600 and you should get better mileage as you will be running on one 465 when you don't open it up.
I have read others with duals report a couple of MPG better with this setup, when they can keep their foot out of it for a tank of gas...
Jon

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Woooooo....doggies! Them's purty! :D

·
Junior Charter Member
873 Posts
Interesting; 50% of comments are about gas mileage. Sign of the times? (beautiful, by the way)

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Looks like it belongs there. Really sweet looking.

·
Senior Charter Member
573 Posts
Never really paid much attention as to how much further back in the engine compartment a small block sits. On my 427 FE w/dual 4's the rear air cleaner is not partially covered by the cowl as with your small block sporting dual 4's. Your creation is tasty indeed! I envy your MPG by the way.
RB

·
Charter Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If anyone is thinking about running the large dist. Cap with the dual quad intake. It can be done .You just need to run a thick gasket under the carbs. My cap has a bevel on it and that is what clears the carb by very very little. I have to remove the front carb to get the dist cap off!!! I had to put a little grease on the boot of one wire to slide the carb down into place. Next time I will go with a smaller diameter dist.
Russ

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Russ, very nice. Are you running the angled manifold? I have the flat and was thinking of going with the raised angled one.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Is there any bog or indication of too much carb.

·
Senior Charter Member
651 Posts
Russ,

Your car was mean looking before but the new setup is even more so! I think I have carb envy. :eek:

·
Charter Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AC4ME I have the angled manifold. I like the original look. NO hood clearence problems.No bog at all,From any RPM!!!
Cobra MD Thanks I really like the original look to these cars.
Now for a better set of heads!! More power scotty!!!!
Russ

·
Charter Member
1,606 Posts
Hey Russ,they look terrific. Did you go with the setup from Carl, or did you purchase individually. So glad to hear they are running well. I've installed and tuned mine and am waiting to get the body back from Metal-Morphous.Should be next week sometime. Mine actually idles better than with the Avenger 770.
Best of luck.
John O

[ May 19, 2007, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: jolsen42 ]

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Scotty here capn Get out your grinder and "fix thea "Z" heads you should have gotten with the crate engine and get a cuistom cam from Raceparts 1-877-360-RACE They did my engine and the cam is perfect. That looks sweet and I could n't tell it wasnt an Fe engine and years ago I ran a hopped up fe with twin twin carbs on a Ford Tunnel wedge and cruising on the highway it got great mileage until 72 mph when the secondaries openend .Love that noise of 1000+ CFM sucking air . Bob

·
Charter Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jolsen42 I got the setup from Carl's If I was to do it again I would order from Price Motor sports. Less money and get it sooner.(PM me for more details)
Bob what did you mean by get the grinder out. I dont have the "Z" heads on my motor I have the 430 hp crate motor. AFR or Kasse heads in my future. ANy specs on your cam??
I do have a FE powered Mustang next to the cobra in the garage.
Russ

·
Charter Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ac4me, I went the store for the wife yesterday so I tried hitting it in 5th gear at 1250 rpm. Went to the floor and it had 0 bog. Now it was very slow but never had a problem. Got to love them dual quads!!!!
Russ

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Russ, those look awesome! What air cleaners are you running? Here is my dual quad set up for my GT40, but I am looking for the right size air cleaners and yours look just right:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts