Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So getting ready for mounting body and doing a few last projects.

Roll bar install - PS the bars fit together loosely with no issue. Plan to use tangent roll bar lock so lower bar needs to “spin”

DS roll bar mounts but angle is off slightly and doesn’t create a flush connection at the lower to upper bar joint.

Any solutions to “move” the lower mount angle (preferably) or the overall angle to adjust for this.

I’m thinking heat and long breaker bar but looking for the method. Or maybe there is a method to open up/flare the lower connection enough to make up the delta in the angle.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
I don't think you need any heat, just slip the tube over the lower stub, and pull it into the position you want. I stood in the truck and was able to tweak mine, may have to add a cheater bar inside the tube.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
driver side issue

My Driver side mounts were way off compared to passenger side also. I needed to rotate the rollbar clockwise toward the rear to get the rear leg to connect to the tube in the trunk. I used a 3" cutting wheel to remove a wedge of metal from both hoop mounts, left about 30 degrees of the metal tube uncut. Used my floor jack handle to bend them back equally, then MIG welded the remaining gap.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts