Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who made the top panel on your DS footbox removable, what size rivet nuts and screws did you use? I was looking at some SS 6-32 button head screws and the heads are the same size as the rivet head. Thanks for any advice.

Joey

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I used 10-32 nutplates and screws.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
6/32 Stainless Button Heads

I used Nut Plates and 6/32 Button Head Screws. They match the rivets and look great. I will post a picture if you like.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be great if you could post some pictures. If anyone else who has used 8s or 10s has pictures handy it would help make my final decision.

Joey

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
788 Posts
Not the best picture. But, I used sheet metal screws, along the front and slotted the top so it just slides into place. I have only removed it once, but it worked fine. I figure if the screws strip I can go bigger, or do rivnuts.

Attachments

·
We know what you're up to
4,700 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your response. I should have added that I'm making the whole top removable like eMac did. That's why I want to try matching the screw head to the rivet head. I want it to all match and not appear that it's removable. I think that's why I'm leaning towards the #6 button head screws.

Joey

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.