Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the part number and have a good pic of these little things. They might look good peering out of the mouth of a hungry cobra.

Mike

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Naga. I looked around thier web page a bit with no luck and I even tried to vote for the Bassani Anorexic Babe of the Month but got an error message.

Mike

·
7,716 Posts
Those are not driving lights, those are fog lights. (At least in CA), they come on with the low beams and go off with the high beams...

Ray

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
The one Don is showing is actually the V-6 deluxe package (which I happen to like better). The fog lights are a little smaller and the grille has the chrome "grille bars" like a '65-'67 Mustang...

The GT fog lights are in about the same location but are larger and have no connection to the horse and no corral (the chrome box around the horse)...

There are kits to convert to the GT and V-6 light kits and there's also a kit/grille to put the GT lights inboard like a '67 Shelby center light setup.

The Mustang's grille I think is too narrow to fill the Cobra's opening and by the time you buy the Ford lights (which have funky mounting tabs around its perimeter to mount them in the grille) and figure out a way to wire and mount them, you might just be better off buying a pair of PIAAs in the same diameter and have at it...

HTH...
Mark

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
I do not remember who's car this is,but I did save the picture. :confused:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Snkbte,

Thats my MkII. The lights are from Harbor Freight, item #47394. They are 5" in dia. and 55 watts. They were $14.99 ea. I used a relay from Radio Shack, #2750266.
I like the look and they work great.

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. It does look like the actual Ford grill mount is impractical but I liked the look and size of the light.

A fog light is probably better if I can find a 40 or 50 degree unit and use it as a cornering light as well (possibly splayed a tiny bit). A driving light is not needed when you can get UHE+50 headlight bulbs that can see God.

Mike

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steve, do you know if those Harbor Freight "off road" units are driving lights or spots?

Mike

[ March 25, 2007, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Michael Stora ]

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Stora:
Snkbte, do you know if those Harbor Freight "off road" units are driving lights or spots?

Mike
I don't know. Send a PM to Steve Bisson(car owner).

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Steve.

NAGA those would be sooo coool dude! They'd match my under car neons perfectly!

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts