Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
4,012 Posts
Try PIAA 80 ProXT's rally lights
They are 6 1/4" diameter and put out 135wts each.
I had them on my Conquest Tsi
Amazing how fast people pull out of your way when they see you coming up from behind....day or night. :D
PIAA LIGHTS

On the down side, I once got a warning ticket from a trooper at mid-day,
cause he said the lights were too bright. He told me standard headlights are 55watts. :rolleyes: Go figure

[ May 12, 2002, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: VPR-KLR ]

·
Registered
359 Posts
Russ,
They're just cheapie halogens from Walmart($39.95) but really bright(will take up to 85 watts) at night. Because they're so low they just scrape the ground from the car out and don't go into the oncoming traffic's eyes.
Steve did his retractables so they'd be hidden when not in use and maintain the period correct look.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey Guys! First of all gotta give credit to Chuck, I saw his and thought they were really cool! We were at a car show and the guy next to us had a trunk that opened with a screw type mechanism. I just thought it would be cool to have lights that retracted when not being used. I'll be at Carlisle rain or shine, since I Got the hard top done. Hope to see some of you their.
I don't know how to post pics, but if anyone wants to see what the setup looks like just email me and I'll send some pics out.

[ May 13, 2002, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Steve Dunkel ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.