Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know the driveshaft u-joint part number for a Solid rear end. I searched google and the forum and didn’t come up with anything.

Thanks

·
Snake Farmer
10,280 Posts
There's quite a few choices for them. Grease-able, vs perma-sealed, Motorcraft, vs Spicer, GMB, or AC Delco, etc...
Any idea of which one you are wanting?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d like a greaseable one. Other than brand doesn’t matter. Car is putting out 550hp and pulls the wheels off the ground at the drag strip so I’d like something that’s going to last a little while (if possible)

·
Snake Farmer
10,280 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
You have more horsepower than me and mine are solid. I don't want it breaking right next to me. I hope you installed a hoop if wheels-up launches are a regular occurrence. And if they are replacing u-joints will be part of regular maintenance. What's your E.T.?

Glen

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have more horsepower than me and mine are solid. I don't want it breaking right next to me. I hope you installed a hoop if wheels-up launches are a regular occurrence. And if they are replacing u-joints will be part of regular maintenance. What's your E.T.?

Glen
I do have mike fortes hoop installed. Fastest so far is 11.05 at 122 (1.5 60’) on Mickey Thompson et street pros that were spinning some of 1st and 2nd gear.

I re-balanced the car over the winter and put more weight over the rear (57%) so I’m hoping with that and some other changes i made to get a little faster.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestions, i picked up a ford performance u joint for now. I’ll see how it handles the beatings

·
Registered
377 Posts
That sounds like a fun ride. It would finish off the bulging disc in my neck. Are you taking advantage of the great air at Cecil County? Made a few passes there myself a long time ago. Super Street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts