Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for exact driveshaft length and where to measure to and from. 302, tremec3550 with 8.8.
thanks

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
The length is 10.5", and there's a picture in the assembly manual, in the section with all the templates, that shows where the measurement is taken.

Happy motoring

·
Senior Charter Member
474 Posts
The way to avoid any problems is to talk to the driveline shop that will do the work. They'll tell you where and how to measure. Most shops do not measure like the FFR Manual, they go from centerline of the u-joint to centerline. My shop had me bottom out the input into the trans, then pull it out 1" before I measured.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I agree with CEMI, just a word of cation. Do not go over the 1" that the tell you. reson is that the rear end in the cobra dose not have that much travel and the longer the drive shaft the less chance of binding you will have, if I did it over I probably would only go with 3/4".

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
I appologize if this is a stupid question but I'm out of town away from my manual.

Does the IRS kit and the solid rear end kit share the same driveshaft length?

lnj

[ December 09, 2002, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Larry N. Johnson ]

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Just had the oppertunity to look at an installed IRS. The center section is solidly mounted so no chance of binding.
TEC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts