Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I have one that's been ceramic coated. I was going to strip them and recoat this winter but got a deal on the stainless pipes. If nobody else comes thru shoot me a pm and ill let it go for the shipping.

·
Big Sky Builder
2,619 Posts
I need a drivers sidepipe for a roadster. Factory Five unpainted/uncoated/unused preferred. Mine had an unfortunate incident somewhere in the shipping process and the dent gets on my nerves.
Where's the dent? I actually have a small dent in my passenger side and I've been experimenting with some ways to get them out. If you can reach the dent from the inside, you can find a paintless dent guy to pop it out for you. You can also weld a post to it and pop it out, or what I'm having moderate success with on mine is the heat + extreme cold trick (dry ice.) Mine is only about nickel sized, and with the first attempt (canned air instead of dry ice), it's popped out by about 50%.

Worth a try, I know how that stuff can bug the crap out of you.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where's the dent? I actually have a small dent in my passenger side and I've been experimenting with some ways to get them out. If you can reach the dent from the inside, you can find a paintless dent guy to pop it out for you. You can also weld a post to it and pop it out, or what I'm having moderate success with on mine is the heat + extreme cold trick (dry ice.) Mine is only about nickel sized, and with the first attempt (canned air instead of dry ice), it's popped out by about 50%.

Worth a try, I know how that stuff can bug the crap out of you.
Dent is on top right in full view. I cut it at the weld tried to pop it out but couldn't budge it. Finally welded it up but that really just made it more shallow but larger diameter. I have pretty much screwed this one up.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a set of unused pipes from a MK 3 I do not intend to use. They have never been mounted but they are like 6 yrs old. They have the expected surface rust but if you intend to have them blasted and coated......

I will check to make sure there are no dents as soon as I get home from church this morning. I will PM you as soon as I check. Now if beartoothweb would like the passenger side, I would be happy.

Aaron

·
Registered
363 Posts
this thing called perfection

I need a drivers sidepipe for a roadster. Factory Five unpainted/uncoated/unused preferred. Mine had an unfortunate incident somewhere in the shipping process and the dent gets on my nerves.

This might calm your nerves: The last CSX I saw advertised in a high dollar auction glossy had a DS dented bottom tube in the curve just before the collector. They just shined it up and asked for a cool $3,000,000--thank you very much. Makes it look "authentic"! YMMV

***Edit to add reference:***
My bad, I was off a little on my estimate:

1967 Shelby 427 'Semi-Competition' Cobra

Lot: 122

Estimate: $1,400,000-$1,700,000 US

Chassis No. CSX 3045, 18,000 actual miles

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This might calm your nerves: The last CSX I saw advertised in a high dollar auction glossy had a DS dented bottom tube in the curve just before the collector. They just shined it up and asked for a cool $3,000,000--thank you very much. Makes it look "authentic"! YMMV
Thats cool! If I could get $3,000,0000 for mine I would take a hammer and beat the crap out of the sidepipe. LOL

·
Big Sky Builder
2,619 Posts
Now if beartoothweb would like the passenger side, I would be happy.

Aaron
Thanks for the offer, Aaron, but it's not a big enough dent to go through all the trouble of sending them back to TN where I had them coated! ;->

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Drivers side side pipe

I have a driver side side pipe that's brand new, and not coated or painted. It does have a little surface rust, otherwise it's in excellent condition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.