Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Charter Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great night. Broke into the 11s with the "Donor" (11.868). Have been having overheating problems. Made the fan into a pusher and dropped the temp I'd say at least 20 degrees. What a huge difference.

Regards,

Jerry

·
Junior Charter Member
873 Posts
More details would be nice. Type away!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,230 Posts
Thats weird,I thought fans were more efficient as a puller. What exactly is your "donor" that can pull 11's?

·
Charter Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only got in two passes. Someone blew an engine and hence about a two hour delay.

The delay was useful though. Before the delay, my first pass, 12.584, 114.57 MPH, 1.981 60' time. After the cool down, 11.868, 115.50 MPH, 1.702 60' time.

The "Donor" is a 95, with a 347, Procharger running about 8-9 lbs boost. It has 450 hp to the tire and 435 lbs ft to the tire.

When is everyone else going again? Brian, you gonna be there Sunday?

Regards,

Jerry

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Jerry,
Way to go!!! It's all about practice. A few more weeks and the kids are out of school and I'll bring them with me to the track.
Mike

·
Charter Member
3,486 Posts
When I saw your statement that your donor did 11.868. I was questioning my stock donor's guts then you came out with the trueth, very well done

I'll give mine a go within the next couple of weeks must have new times before the open house.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
No Sunday for me. :mad:
Have to work and the fact is the car needs some dialing in. Hope to do a Wednesday track rental soon to get some passes on it. Interested? Its $103 for a car /driver/ and two crew. Get the track from 1-5pm one lane and no waiting. Great for practice.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Junior Charter Member
815 Posts
edit - misunderstood post

[ May 24, 2007, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Lurker ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,920 Posts
That looks like DEZ racing in Seekonk. Nice rig!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts