Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently am using the ET Street 26 x 10.5 x 15 inch tires and they are a million times better than the bf goodrich drag radials I used to use on my mustang. Unfortunately with my new motor I am having traction trouble in second and no traction at all in first. What is the biggest size slick any one has used in their FFR with a stock dimension 8.8" rear end? Any info and tire and rim setup would be great!

Roger Ver
Memory Dealers
3440 De La Cruz Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95054
[email protected]
phone: 408-486-5650
fax: 408-486-5653
mobile: 408-313-1853
AIM: rogerkver

For all your Cisco Memory needs please visit
http://www.memorydealers.com

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I am running the BFG 275x50x15 DR's with 10" tread. I have no more than 1/8" clearance from tire wall to quad shock but have had no rubs in 4 yrs. I sure would like to hear more about the ET streets !! I am figuring on new tires very soon and would like to try the new Mickey T's as I hear their new DR bites like mad. I would say your tread width may be compensated by adjusting rear geometry, spring height, psi, gears or (ahem) foot weight...the last of which is always the least correctable !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My ET streets are a million times better than any drag radials and I would highly recommend them for every day driving (not in the rain) but again I am looking for a bigger size. The cobra in the picture's tires look like they stick out a little past the fender well. Does any one know what he did to keep them from rubbing?

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Not sure what Greg LaPointe's tire size is.

I have the 15x10 Weld Prostars with 28x15 M/T ET drags. I don't remember the back space but they were standard wheels from Jegs so they are probably the same BS (6.5") you mentioned. I have a stock width 93 rear end with drum brakes. They fit perfectly in the body with no rubbing.
Take care,
Steve Pass
So your Mickey Thompson ET's appear to "get a grip" !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.