Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
My state requires a DOT-approved third brake light mounted above the others and a reverse light. I'd like to preserve the lines without as best I can and am looking for a "sleek" combined option.

Anyone have any low-profile options that combines both the brake + backup light without looking like a boat trailer? I'm looking for something to mount as seen in pic below.

I got two small spot lights that came with u-shaped brackets and mounted them to the rear frame below the body.
C5300930-60C5-4DE7-A12A-67D972D8D32F.jpeg

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm considering going with a Mazda Miata 3rd brake light. I'll circle back after I've had a chance to purchase one and test it out.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I noticed i you pic you have a rear mount glove box, was this custom made or did you get a ’kit’ from somewhere?
Sorry for the delay.....the box i made myself. Pretty straight forward. Used a piano hinge and a cheap latch. Snug fit between the seats and cannot reach it when strapped in. Come on summer!!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I used an led light bar designed to bolt through the tag holes for a back up light. It might be available in red, which would allow you to put one on top and one on bottom of the tag.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts