Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
347 Posts
Built mine into the license plate light cover (did the license plate mod at the same time). Probably not DOT for you guys down south. Car isn't on the road as yet so i don't have a shot on the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
My state requires a DOT-approved third brake light mounted above the others and a reverse light. I'd like to preserve the lines without as best I can and am looking for a "sleek" combined option.

Anyone have any low-profile options that combines both the brake + backup light without looking like a boat trailer? I'm looking for something to mount as seen in pic below.

I got two small spot lights that came with u-shaped brackets and mounted them to the rear frame below the body.
C5300930-60C5-4DE7-A12A-67D972D8D32F.jpeg

·
Registered
385 Posts
I noticed i you pic you have a rear mount glove box, was this custom made or did you get a ’kit’ from somewhere?
Sorry for the delay.....the box i made myself. Pretty straight forward. Used a piano hinge and a cheap latch. Snug fit between the seats and cannot reach it when strapped in. Come on summer!!!!

·
Junior Charter Member
2,915 Posts
Mid 80s BMW convertibles (e30) had a trunk mounted brake light. Might be worth a look.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I used an led light bar designed to bolt through the tag holes for a back up light. It might be available in red, which would allow you to put one on top and one on bottom of the tag.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts