Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure hope this issue has not already been raised but I live in the suburbs of Houston Texas, does anyone on here live in Texas? And did the emissions regs prevent you from running the side pipes? frankly I don't even want to build one if I cannot do it correct.

·
Planning & Saving
601 Posts
There are more Texans on this board than I can count and I did a quick search and found at least 40 in Houston. With that many on this board, I'm sure it would have come up if it was a problem.

Emissions and side pipes are different issues. You can run side pipes and cats to be emissions compliant.

If you can put steer horns on the hood of your car, then side pipes would be safe too!! ;) (My wife is a Texan so I can say that. )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the info. I guess I never thought of them as separate issues. But how hard would cat's be to install considering the small distance of tubing from the header collector to the start of the 4 into 4?

·
Junior Charter Member
4 Posts
I'm on the west side of Houston and built mine without cats. It's titled as a 2004 Assembled Vehicle but does not require emissions testing, just annual safety inspection. (You will need a windshield wiper to pass the safety inspection though.) I did see another FFR in the area that had cats installed and they looked/fit fine.
Hope this helps.
Rollie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your help! These are some of the kinks I would like to get familiar with before I even order a kit. This will be a first so far as complete builds so I am both excited and intimidated all at one time. Some of y'all on here have built some beautiful cars (all I have looked at) and I cannot wait to get my and my sons hands dirty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.