Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to stop an air leak coming from the bottom of the doors, between door and body.
Anyone used bulb seal here? What do you recommend.
Would prefer to buy form one of the forum vendors if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
25,980 Posts
Mickey,

I used the ws that Mike Everson sells for the hood opening and the doors. I used the foam that came with the kit on the underside of the trunk lid since I moulded that drip edge into the body way back when.

Mikes stuff is great.

Greg

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
I also used the stuff that Mike Everson sells. Easy to put on and will follow the curves. He gives you enough for the hood, trunk & both doors with a little extra to spare.

I put the stuff on the door and not the body. Since I've got the FFR trim attached to the body, I didn't want to put the rubber seal under it...I thought it would look bad.

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Hind Sight,
I got my stuff from Mike also.I also applied it to the door. An installation suggestion is to temporarily tape it to the door with some Blue Pinters tape. I found that there was an optimum positon to place the seal such that it would best close off the gap between the body. The tape will allow you to move it around before you stick the stuff to the paint.
HTH,
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guy's. Looks like it's time to call Mike.
Good time to do the hood opening as well.
Don't you just love when the wife tells you to by cobra parts. She does'nt like the air coming in on the cool nights. Can't wait till she say we need more power :D

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Hindsight,
The link in the first reply is from my car. The stuff is great. It's got a 7/16 bulb seal built into it.
c

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
When you do the hood, put it on the hood itself, not the body - then it doesnt stand out so much
Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts