Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ROOKIE!
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Since instilling my windows it seems like the doors are drooping when I open them. I am assuming that the extra weight is the culprit. I had Ken Pike install my doors so I'm not very familiar with making adjustments. Is this a common problem and can it be fixed? The way the door drops on the passenger side it is actually causing it to hit the striker and chip the paint there. I can grind it down a bit and it will eventually be covered with the aluminum cover but it would be nice if the door motion was smoother. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Junior Charter Member
220 Posts
quick fix

after windows were installed mine did the same. to readjust, don't loosen the bolts, just adjust by pulling it upwards. I did it about 6000 miles ago and it still closes perfectly.
mike m

·
Registered
713 Posts
Same problem (only when the window is installed which is not often) but mine seems to need that "upward pull" every few weeks. Without the pull up the window framework had the potential of scratching the paint along the top of the door opening on the body. I fixed that via altering where the weather stripping went. PIA. Fine without the windows.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I rebuilt the hinged section adding 2.5mm plate to the face and 3mm (1/8") internal gusset... regardless they will always settle or wear over time and need some initial adjustment.. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts