Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to adding my 2D door bulb edge seal that I bought. This may be a helpful hint for others. I noticed on my car there was a clearance issue between the body and the door, perticularily right at the edge of the door and also by the windshield edge of the door when trying to add the seal (thickness issue). I didn't like the look of the bulb seal stopping part way up the body. Also the seal didn't want to stick/fit very well by the door edge guard. So I decided to apply the seal to the door instead. This allowed me to stop the seal short of the edge of the door as well as by the windshield and being on the under side of the door lip I don't see that it stops short. I leaves the body finish appearance with the door open more clean for my liking. When the door closed it fits up against the lower body molding very nicely. The doors close very easily and I didn't need to make any adjustments to compensate for the seal thickness.
Next door map pocket panels from Gordon Levy.
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
1,568 Posts
Great idea. I will probably do the same. Thanks for the pics.

Bob, the bracket for the striker plate, does it show? If so, I might want to have it powdercoated.

Curtis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts