Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Not a waxer
12,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...like I almost did!
I was expecting it to arrive via mail in the not too distant future but haven't been concerned having heard here that they usually follow delivery by several weeks.
Last night I opened up the box my backordered sidepipes arrived in and while putting the packing material back in to toss it I spotted the corner of a nondescript envelope in the bottom. My first thought was that it was collector gaskets, even though I got a pair packed with the headers. Low and behold it was the cert., a copy of the original invoice and FFR VIN plate! :eek: Sure don't want to put that in the trash!
Check those backorder boxes carefully; I understand it is a royal pain in the arse to get the COO reissued.

Jeff

·
Junior Charter Member
32 Posts
Just ran out and opened the sidepipes box that I just received last week. Guess what? There was FedEx packet inside. Opened it and there was the COO, Original Invoice, and number plate. Thanks for posting you find. Hard telling how long it would have been before I found mine.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised they did that. Mine was mailed in a separate envelope a few weeks after the initial delivery...

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Mine was handled the same way. Came in the box with my backordered seats. Nice find.

John

·
Not a waxer
12,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kevin,
"delivered Superbowl Sunday". I was right after you on Monday! Dennis and Jo called Saturday AM and said that it would probably be late Sunday, then kind of hinted that they wouldn't mind spending the night after their northern Indiana drop to watch the game. I told them Monday would be fine and they said "great, we'll see you Monday morning!" Well, you remember how butt cold it was don't you. Took 'em all day to get the truck restarted and finally arrived about 6PM! No complaints but it was an anxious day at work!
Breaking topic here a bit but have you looked into the details of Indiana registration yet? There is another furum guy, Bart A, here in Bloomington who is a few months ahead of us but he hasn't researched it much either. I understand it is relatively easy here and need to get educated if you can share any info.
I'm glad my find and near mistake helped you. Look me up if you get down this way!

Jeff

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
double check the serial number on the MSO with the number on the frame (driver's footbox top horizontal square tube)

my MSO started with FFR and the frame said F5R

big mess, but from me, what would you expect?

·
Charter Member
276 Posts
Jeff,

Indiana regstration is straight forward. Here is what it was in 2001:
1. Complete the build. Doesn't have to be painted and interior carpeted, but in driving state and able to pass vehicle inspection.
2. Make sure VIN number is secured to the frame. In 2001, VIN number was anything you wanted.
3. Obtain vehicle inspection form and have local police inspect & document.
4. Take to the license branch:
a. Certificate of origin
b. FFR receipt for purchasing of kit. Don't take every receipt, just the one showing that you paid the basic kit price. This is for tax reasons. State is going to tax you a little bit for that new ride. Use cost of basic kit and not include other parts/upgrades on other receipts. Also, don't use appraisal of completed vehicle.
c. Insurance info
d. Completed inspection form
e. Checkbook ;)
5. Vehicle description is liberal. You can register it as a 1965 Ford if you want. I tried to register as 1965 roadster, but the lady at the counter did not know that roadster was a type of car!! Ended up registering as 1965 Ford convertable.

Jerry

[ April 08, 2007, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: jshrake ]

·
Junior Charter Member
32 Posts
I do remember how cold that day was. Got everything tucked away in the garage about an hour before kick-off.

I did go the the BMV and asked what I needed to do. They basically said I need to get a VIN, attach it to the car, and then apply for a title. I was told that he applied for the VIN very early in the build and then title toward the end. Does anybody have a list of Indiana owners?

Kevin

·
Charter Member
276 Posts
Kevin,

I've updated my post to include the VIN tag. Good catch.
Terry Clark of Columbus IN had about 19 people interested in an Indiana Cobra Club. Don't know what became of that. Terry's e-mail is [email protected]. If he doesn't respond, then contact me and I'll give you his phone number.

I personally know of two FFRs in Mooresville ( mine & Don S), one in Monrovia, one in Martinsville, one in Greenwood, and one in Zionsville (currently being built).

Jerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts