Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
Yes, I am in. Been waiting for this all year.
Bill, you got to bring the GT if you got it.
You got to let me drive it buddy.

Todd

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Todd Baumann:
Yes, I am in. Been waiting for this all year.
Bill, you got to bring the GT if you got it.
You got to let me drive it buddy.

Todd
Yes, I signed up to use the GT. Now I have to figure out how to get a helmet on! Oh yes, what about luggage? Who needs clothes anyway?

- Bill

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,655 Posts
FedEx your luggage to the hotel....or when you get to Columbus go to a tailor and get a suit made for you. ( inside joke )

Olli

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Olli:
FedEx your luggage to the hotel....or when you get to Columbus go to a tailor and get a suit made for you. ( inside joke )

Olli
Are you guys going to LCS this year?

Everyone needs to come. We had a blast last year but I missed having the regulars to hang out with; Wayne, Olli, Wade, etc.

- Bill

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,655 Posts
I am planning on it.

Olli

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
I'm in again for this year...What a great time last year. Hopefully I'll be able to bring both the cobra and the coupe this year. I wonder if they will let you register 2 cars to one person?

Scott

·
Senior Charter Member
198 Posts
Scott,
Maybe you can let Larry drive one if you don't mind.
Todd

·
Charter Member
1,117 Posts
Will I be able to come as a spectator for the track time? Any info would be great. I highly doubt my car can be finished by then but I'd love to come watch, learn, and meet folks. Eric

·
Senior Charter Member
198 Posts
Anyone can attend, it is a very open venue. They may charge to attend but I don't recall them even doing that last year.
Todd

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
Hey Todd,

Good chance of that if Daphne can't get the time off to go...

·
Senior Charter Member
198 Posts
Scott,
Give me a call, can't get through on two-way.
Todd

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Buckeye:
Will I be able to come as a spectator for the track time? Any info would be great. I highly doubt my car can be finished by then but I'd love to come watch, learn, and meet folks. Eric
Yes, you will just need to sign a waiver.

If you hang out until dark, then you might be able to get 1 lap around on the parade lap.

I'm taking the Ford GT, so the first person who shows up at the parade lap will get the seat.

- Bill

·
Registered
309 Posts
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Hopefully I can answer some questions... let me know if I miss some.

There is never a charge to watch at any of the events.

Mid-Ohio cost is per driver... just call Mid-Ohio. I don't think they would have a problem if a single driver brings multiple cars to run but do check with them. Their charge is per head though.

Mid-Ohio did allow some rides last year... even at speed. This is entirely up to them but if I was going to watch... I would be sure my helmet is handy! NO promises that they will do it again... it is up to them.

Mid-Ohio is limited to 75 drivers... first come, first serve. Seems to me the refund policy was fairly liberal so if you think there is a good chance you could come... I would make my reservations. But of course, do check with them.

Safety and insurance. Events like Mid-Ohio are a driving school. They are about as safe as you can get on a race track. They watch you like a hawk and if you are over your head... they will slow you down or worse. We did not have a single incident last year and I don't think so much as a rock chip. Since this is a school, check with your insurance company... many will cover you if you have a loss, mine will (and I got it in writing!).

The Mid-Ohio event is very dynamic and they do a great job of changing things up according to us. If we show up like the circus just let out... they will go one way. If we show up like last year, a group using their heads and just looking to learn and have fun, well, they will just love us and give us more and more freedom. They start you off slow and let you build according to your abilities.

LCS is per car... but we don't worry to much about it. If you have more than one car and/or four people, please register twice. Reason being is much of our cost are related to a person rather then a car such as ID tags, food, etc. The registration for LCS this year includes dinner on Saturday night (BYOB probably) and that cost racks up quickly. We figure an average of two people per car if we get more than that... . Obviously we are not worried about a single person that brings two cars.. unless they can drive both at the same time! LOL. Use your best judgement and it is all good!

FedEx'ing the luggage is a great idea. I have done it and it does make life easier. Many hotels can help with this so check with them.

Website for LCS and raffle car should be up on 1/29, www.londoncobrashow.com

Hope that helps!

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
Just got off the phone with Mid-Ohio...They said that one person could take more than one vehicle, as long as it's a cobra. Otherwise, you will need to check with Rick Dorman or whoever is heading this up for the London show, if it's a different vehicle. Registration fee per driver, not per vehicle.

Cant wait!!!!

·
Finally starting!!!
480 Posts
Can I drive my car in the go-cart form? I won't have enough money to buy a body by this event, but my car should be running/driving by then. Just curious. My dad and I are planning on attending, we'll either be both driving his Cobra or I'll bring mine as well.

·
Charter Member
1,117 Posts
Good question BAM. What is required to pass the tech inspection Monday evening? Brake lights? Can you run antifreeze in the motor or only water? That would be some serious motivation to get a lot done between now and June. Eric

Bill, that would be an awesome ride! I will definitely be in line for that seat if I don't have my FFR with me!

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't think unfinished cars without bodies can go on the track. The car has to be safe for you and for the people around you.

- Bill

·
Junior Charter Member
344 Posts
Wife says yes! I'm in guys:)
BTW Bill did you put some DVD from last year together? Also I still owe you my portion when I followed you (red corvette) last year in my blue cobra. Send me PM with your address and I'll send you what I have.
Todd, Scott I'm looking forward to see you again at the Build School.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts