Factory Five Racing Forum banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Well Used Member
231 Posts
I hope the moderator(s) are listening.... I'll reiterate my gripes.
1-I can't see which threads I have posted/replied to. The old old format showed a small arrow on the thread title icon that indicated the ones that I had posted to. Without that, I don't know which threads I have added to, which means I don't know who has responded to my posts. (unless I read each and every thread. Don't have time for that.)
2-I can't edit my posts (at least not after a day or two.). I won't join any discussions or threads that I can't go back and edit or correct. Which means I will not be joining or responding to any of the threads.
If the moderator(s) can get these items back, I'll return. I would like to chime in and help other builders, but until those details return, (with the exception of this particular thread), I'll just be a lurker and not a participant.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I see that the other forum has a "New Look" now.
JR
I was just on the other forum and it is back to normal on my desktop now, no "New Look" anymore.
JR

·
Registered
713 Posts
Haven't been here in close to a year. Yup, I thought I was on the wrong site and vowed I would not join this mess but then realized this WAS my old stomping ground. I'll give it a couple of months before I jump ship.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,524 Posts
I have switched over to the dark or whatever display and I am OK w/ the new style IF we get EDIT POST back.

·
Registered
11,817 Posts
This site is going the way of Wheeler Dealers. Somebody decided to change the format to make more money. Thousands of existing fans didn't like the change. Then it didn't make any money at all.

🤡

·
Administrator
6,989 Posts
Testing bb IMG code support from other forums:
GIF:
(TFFF)

JPEG:
(TFFF)

(CC)

So it appears that this forum no longer supports posting images from TheFactoryFiveForum, But DOES support images hosted on Club Cobra.

Administrator, can you please allow external image hosting for all sites, as it was before? Otherwise some very prominent builds are going to lose their images!

·
Administrator
6,989 Posts
As a moderator(?) I was able to mark the images in the above post as "safe". When I clicked OK the site gave me a message that the image status was updated, but the pics from TFFF still aren't showing...

·
Registered
5,860 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,480 Posts
Don't like this new format. At least with the last change we were given the option of "Classic format". I can't retrieve my personal messages. Many very personal when my wife was battling cancer and lost! HELP please

·
Registered
11,817 Posts
Funny thing: I plan a cruise for the SoCal folks every year late January, I didn't do it this year out of fear that nobody would see the announcement.

That may not have been wise, but just being honest.

(I am not sure if everyone has migrated to the other forum.)

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Am down to answering specific questions to try to help out but thats the limit of my participation here.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I've complained many times here about "this new forum"...Its obvious NO-ONE cares or listens. Sad situation for the new people building a FFCar..................I'M OUT OF HERE !!!

·
Registered
11,817 Posts
My guess is nobody cares because there isn't enough traffic here.

There is less traffic here because the format sucks.

Sorry for the logic!

Let's go!

·
Snake Farmer
10,262 Posts
So it does appear by the updates made recently to the forum, that some of the members concerns are being actually being addressed. See "Latest Release Notes"
Time limits placed on editing your post have been removed. You are limited to the number of edits you can do in a week (10), to your older posts (older than 24 hours), but at least now you can edit them. There is no limit on your posts that are less than 24 hours old. There have also been some changes to the tool buttons, to try and make site navigation easier. Adjustments have been made to the Advanced search functions, and a few other things.

I'm still stumbling along through it, hoping it will eventually all make sense. Sad thing is that I even have to relearn it all in the first place. The previous format was about as good as it gets, and still the most common format for automotive forums such as this one..:sneaky:

·
Well Used Member
231 Posts
So it does appear by the updates made recently to the forum, that some of the members concerns are being actually being addressed. See "Latest Release Notes"
Time limits placed on editing your post have been removed. You are limited to the number of edits you can do in a week (10), to your older posts (older than 24 hours), but at least now you can edit them. There is no limit on your posts that are less than 24 hours old. There have also been some changes to the tool buttons, to try and make site navigation easier. Adjustments have been made to the Advanced search functions, and a few other things.

I'm still stumbling along through it, hoping it will eventually all make sense. Sad thing is that I even have to relearn it all in the first place. The previous format was about as good as it gets, and still the most common format for automotive forums such as this one..:sneaky:
It took me a while to find the edit button here, but even using that this site will not let me edit older posts. An error message shows up that says I can only edit older posts no more than 10 times in a week. I only edited this post, and attempted to edit one other older post (twice).

I'm still going to avoid posting on this site. Too bad, there have been some threads I would like to have chimed in on. But I will not under this system.

·
Snake Farmer
10,262 Posts

·
1,051 Posts
I am over there also. The problem is that there is 15 years of archived data here that I would hate to lose.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Been using both since the very beginning even before I had the car. Got lots of help from both.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts