Factory Five Racing Forum banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
I can't find my previous threads or posts. All are gone.

Sort of like the warden's quote in Cool Hand Luke: " Gone like a fart in the wind."

·
Snake Farmer
10,261 Posts
I can't find my previous threads or posts. All are gone.

Sort of like the warden's quote in Cool Hand Luke: " Gone like a fart in the wind."
Go back a few pages on this thread and you will see where Redfish has given directions to help figure some stuff out, including where to look for threads you posted on previously.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Other forum has been glitchy all day. Perhaps the upgrades to improve function on this forum aren't so bad after all

·
Registered
553 Posts
Other forum has been glitchy all day. Perhaps the upgrades to improve function on this forum aren't so bad after all
Dave Smith said electricians would be working on their solar this weekend, I wonder if that has something to do with the other forum?
JR

·
Junior Charter Member
408 Posts
I've given it a couple of weeks and I like the new setup. I like the jump to the top of the page button that pops up when needed. Much better than scrolling forever or grabbing the sidebar slider. I like the thumbs up option a little bit more than the thank option. I like the tools and menus now that I've learned my way around.

I haven't posted to my build thread yet, but I'm curious to see how the new setup deals with images. Other posts seem fine, I'm hoping it's a little easier than the old forum was.

All in all, things change and the new setup is clear and functional.

Foster

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am I the only one that likes this new format ? More modern look and feel. I like it so far

·
Registered
496 Posts
my main ask is to be able to list posts with most recent being first. I do like the feature that jumps to the most recent unread post however.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,891 Posts
I have the IE (my work computer) issue that shows the crazy ghost images. What? Am I supposed to actually WORK all day? But, IE is old and on the way out. No reason to support it.

You can't just run an old version of software forever. Once something is out of support from the vendor, there are no security patches, etc. which happen all the time. You just don't see it. Yes, it is always painful after an upgrade. It seems like everything is hidden, but you just have to do a little learning. "You changed the forum, I'm leaving!" is a little childish considering it is FREE.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Sorry .I have many issues w/this new site/format (as I have posted here,to this thread) And They ALL still exists . Including ..."Where are my PMs" !!!!
Can't we at least have the option of logging on the "OLD" thread ? ....IF not, I'll be forced to leave this site.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sorry .I have many issues w/this new site/format (as I have posted here,to this thread) And They ALL still exists . Including ..."Where are my PMs" !!!!
Can't we at least have the option of logging on the "OLD" thread ? ....IF not, I'll be forced to leave this site.
are they not listed under "conversations"? click on your profile pic and scroll down to conversations.

·
Charter Member
6,146 Posts
The pictures are super easy to display in a post. A lot easier than the other forum and the old style.

I just have to get use to the format with the white background and big spacing between posts.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The pictures are super easy to display in a post. A lot easier than the other forum and the old style.

I just have to get use to the format with the white background and big spacing between posts.
Trevor, click on the three dots in the upper right corner. You will see a light and dark mode . The black background is soo much better.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I see that the other forum has a "New Look" now.
JR

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,386 Posts
I see that the other forum has a "New Look" now.
JR
I was just there. I got a new PC over the weekend and am using MS Edge vs Chrome so maybe that changes some things. But the other forum was almost unusable and after 2 minutes it went down w/ an error 503 or something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree. Back when I joined there was so much more activity, now it's like a ghost town in comparison.
I'm always lurking in the background of this website, planning my build. I'm hoping to order a kit in the next couple years. should I start my build thread on this site or a different one?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm always lurking in the background of this website, planning my build. I'm hoping to order a kit in the next couple years. should I start my build thread on this site or a different one?
I do agree that traffic has gone down since the redesign of the site. I'm actually not too disturbed by the changes. Dark mode makes it more palatable. I started my build thread on this site mainly because I wasn't able to post pics on the other site until something like 20 posts. this forum was easy enough to upload pics from my phone. This forum is only as good as the users that browse it and chime in. I hope others will return and give it a chance. While it looks different than before, the functionality seems good and the search function works much better. This was a big issue in the past. And it's not like the other forum doesn't have it's own issues (recently was down intermittently for a few days). I know that many are set in their ways and stubborn and may not be able to adapt to the change easily. Do your research and take some notes for your build. In the meantime, if I have a question, I will usually post on both sites to get answers.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts