Factory Five Racing Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,154 Posts
Did the same thing for me on my Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11 setup. Had to change to FireFox to not see it. For some reason it is scaling up the button icons at the bottom of each post to 100 times their intended size. So much for compatibility between platforms!

Why do the postings look like this? driving me nuts. View attachment 356351

·
Snake Farmer
10,239 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,154 Posts
Thanks Redfish! That is a tremendous help.:)
I finally figured out how to edit a post too..
But you only have 24 hours to edit it and then no more edits. And you cannot delete posts.

·
Snake Farmer
10,239 Posts
Both those issues need to be addressed, ASAP.

A person may realize that they offered some inaccurate advice, and has to adjust/correct a statement, to prevent inexperienced builders from following that "fixed" advice, now and in the future. Otherwise in some instances, it may lead to catastrophic failure, injuries, or worse...

Can our moderators, perhaps advise the powers to be, that being able to edit, or delete a post, is extremely important and needs to be corrected?.

·
Snake Farmer
10,239 Posts
So I now see personal messages, in the "conversations" box. Why didn't they just call it messages FFS..:rolleyes:

Now how do you delete the old messages? I see a small box that you can check, called participants, but I'm not sure if that is what you use, or not? I see it offers me a choice to "leave". Is that newspeak for delete? I didn't want to test it, just to find out I have cut off that person, from future messaging, or some damn thing..
What does the choice of, star, or unstar mean? Is the message still available in a folder or something, but it doesn't show anymore in your main message box, or ?
Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Not a good plan to just bend over & accept things especially on a board that is offering technical advise. Sure I am not the only one who is guilty but have had to correct incorrect info or a type-o that changed a meaning.

Its not like this is a wildwest board where guys are trying to cover up personal insults through deletions or revisions.

As long as the board addaches an "EDITED ON xx/xx/xxxx" to the revision we should be good to go.

·
Snake Farmer
10,239 Posts
Logged back on a couple days ago... just realized I can’t find or access all the threads that I had subscribed too.
Go back several posts, to see the "game plan", Redfish has laid out. That should help a lot in understanding how to access things, including your previous subscribed threads.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I figured FF must have hired a new IT tech who wanted to flex their muscles. Can't say I ever heard of anyone complaining about the previous forum. Other than difficulties in posting pictures.
No one at Factory Five has anything to do with this forum. It's owned and operated by another company.

·
Registered
393 Posts
How (on this new site) do you send a 'private message' to another member ? I can't find where or how to ....Does anyone know ?
go to your profile pic in the upper right side of the screen.
it's now listed under "conversations" after you click on the profile pic.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts