21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
Well Used Member
224 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Wow, this new site is horrible!

What happened to the iTrader Feedback under our avatars? That was a useful tool many of us relied on when buying or selling w/another forum member over the years. (n)

What happened to private messages (PM's)? I had contact info for dozens of members since 2005! :censored:

I read about how this was designed to login with Facebook account? I don't know any men that have one. :unsure:

Changes like this make me glad my car is done and have little use for this forum anymore- I'm with weendoggy- adios for now! :confused:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I agree with the above posts....this new format is garbage! Why the need to change anyways?
Have been trying to figure out how to revert back to old view as suggested by changing something in the bottom left corner. Still have not figured this out...
Hopefully the other site doesn't follow the masses to the Face book cliff.....

·
FFCobra Fanatic
939 Posts
I WANT THE OLD FORUM BACK!

I've tried working with this new format and I just can't seem to figure it out. I found the old format much easier to work with and find what I wanted. Now, I can't even find a way to reset it back, like is frequently offered with format changes!

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
I WANT THE OLD FORUM BACK!

I've tried working with this new format and I just can't seem to figure it out. I found the old format much easier to work with and find what I wanted. Now, I can't even find a way to reset it back, like is frequently offered with format changes!
Can't go back, only forwards since they "upgraded" to XenForo . Do a google search and you'll see why.

·
Registered
18 Posts
PLEASE if at all possible go back to the old format. It was way easier to use. I knew where everything was.

·
Senior Charter Member
6,381 Posts
Me Too!!! I'm not comfortable with the changes. I like to see the latest posts at the top, saves a lot of looking for this old brain to keep up. I also miss the heading for the posts....And...I can't find out how to edit my profile (I noticed an error in the displayed data).

Edit, I also miss the drop down boxes to navigate to one of the Forums.

Regards, Rick.

·
Registered
690 Posts
This new company must be taking over all the car related forums. Every one that I'm a member of has had this exact same change in the last few weeks.They suck.

·
Official OLD GUY
3,738 Posts
I've been on FFCars since it was FFCxxxx.com and this latest format is hard to read for me - tough to see grey lettering against a white background - title of thread is in black but rest of post is a lighter color . . . these old eyes don't like it. If there is a contrast setting, I haven't found it yet . . .

Also, can't find things I easily found on the old format, like others have things mentioned in above posts by others.

I guess it will just take some getting used to, but have to absolutely agree with " Broke the 1st rule: NEVER fix what ain't broke".

Just my 2¢

Doc :beerchug:

·
Official OLD GUY
3,738 Posts
Never mind . . . found "Dark Mode". A little better. Now if there was a way to go back and edit previous posts . . .

·
Senior Charter Member
6,381 Posts
Never mind . . . found "Dark Mode". A little better. Now if there was a way to go back and edit previous posts . . .
Thanks for the tip on "Dark Mode", I looked around and found it as well, it is better for these old peepers.

Regards, Rick.

Note, above the post where the post # is, check out the "edit" function, I'm using it to post this comment.

·
Premium Member
16,187 Posts
Note, above the post where the post # is, check out the "edit" function, I'm using it to post this comment.
Best I can tell that button only appears for a day or less and then you can no longer edit.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,349 Posts
Yep dark mode is much better for me too. It's upper right click on the three dots.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Best I can tell that button only appears for a day or less and then you can no longer edit.
Now THAT is a huge step backwards. There are at least half a dozen posts in my build log where I did something and then found out it didn't work. Sure I added a post describing the fix, but it seems useful to edit the original post pointing out where I went wrong!

I want no expiration date for "edit post"! (And the ability to sort posts latest to first too).

John

·
Snake Farmer
10,261 Posts
I agree, at times you need to go back and edit a post, to perhaps add a picture you wanted to add, or correct, or clear up a statement. I have that issue with another forum I belong to, and numerous times have been frustrated at not being able to edit an earlier post...Why put a time limit on edit availability.?

·
Registered
11,815 Posts
I'm starting to laugh it off now. Pretty much everybody hates it. What exactly were "they" thinking and what exactly are "they" going to do?

I have a couple of things to clean up here and I'll be over at the other forum for now on.

P.S. I guess my animated .gif avatar won't work here.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
939 Posts
Why is there a green dot on my avatar? I don't see anyone else with a similar mark. Why has the information, except for join date, been dropped from our forum name? Why does it make us request to see a full signature, in stead of showing it so people can see, and maybe check out the links many have in their signatures? This whole set up just seems so much worse, especially for the "friendliness" of our community. It's like everything is hidden, like we don't want each other to know anything about us.

So far, all my impressions of this new format are completely negative. If we can't set it back ourselves, there needs to be another, more reasonable, update on the way. Soon.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't think I'm the only one who wants a change.

·
Premium Member
16,187 Posts
Why is there a green dot on my avatar?
From what I can tell it says if someone is currently online. Not sure if that means they are logged in or currently looking at the forum.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
939 Posts
So. It will tell when we are online, in case anyone is interested. But not who we are, in case anyone is interested. Yeah, that seems logical!

21 - 40 of 120 Posts