Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chipping away at it !
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I did quite a bit of reading on the forum, and the archives. I know some of my questions have been answered in one way or another, but I thought I wanted it plain and clear.

My purpose for the car is a "daily" driver. Not a race car, and I do not care too much about being all authentic under the hood. That said, and being at altitude (4700ft), I would like to go with a problem free starting EFI.

I am not a great car mechanic, mostly learning. And I did not grow up tinkering with cars. So if these are basic questions, then forgive me. I would like to know the difference between the Mustang's 94/95 5.0 EFI and the 96/97 4.6 EFI. Specifically, difference in horsepower, setup, fuel consumption, stroking?, ease of build, etc.

Besides the engine - what other major differences do I have to consider? What about the stock gauges for example? Does one look better then the other? They both come standard with the 4 wheel 5 lug discs - right?

Lastly, how did you go about finding your donor? Sheer luck? Newspaper? What auction sites? How do you find that salvage, rolled, insurance, parts car?

Thanks for any advise,

Arjen.

·
Chipping away at it !
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is going to be in my best interest (thinking ahead) to give you a hand unloading Larry ;) I have my own salt water aquarium shop, besides my day job, but I will find some time. PM me a phone number when you get one.

ps. You didn't answer the questions though...

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
The wiring of both years is massive. Having said that, there is very little wiring difference between the 95 5.0 and the 96/97 4.6 DOHC. With the 96/97 you will make the build easier by disabling the pats. I would choose the DOHC.

Call Cypress Auto Salvage in Oakland for a suitable donor pallet. Ask for Mike or Rich. They are very easy to do business with.

Roger

·
Chipping away at it !
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess there were too many questions in one topic. I guess I will do some more reading and internet searching.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts