Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ship date is 2/21 & I'm trying to prepare all of the donor parts prior to delivery. If I am using the Autometer classic guages, non donor ignition switch, n/d light switch, but still intend using the stock EFI, is there any reason not to abandon the main wiring harness & run a new fuseblock, with wiring to the rear lights etc, and power to the EEC harness? This will avoid the whole Wire diet problem. Am I oversimplifying this issue? Anyone done this? How much of the donor main harness actually gets used if you don't use the donor gauges, switches, etc.?

·
Cobrafied
1,636 Posts
I'm just finishing this very thing up right now. I useda painless chasis harness amd used the stock efi set up. Its alot of work and tracing down wires. I had to almose completely unwrap the chasis harness to get chase down wires and such. Its can be done but a big project. If I were to do it again it would be a painless set up all the way. Im in kankakee Il if you want a sneek peek at what your in for. Dan

·
Cobrafied
1,636 Posts
I'm just finishing this very thing up right now. I useda painless chasis harness amd used the stock efi set up. Its alot of work and tracing down wires. I had to almose completely unwrap the chasis harness to get chase down wires and such. Its can be done but a big project. If I were to do it again it would be a painless set up all the way. Im in kankakee Il if you want a sneek peek at what your in for. Dan

·
Cobrafied
1,636 Posts
Sorry for the double post Dan

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
I'm finishing up the last bit of wiring now. I think it would be bit more work to mix & match the harnesses.

For about the same money, you could send all the donor wires to Roger Stein for a wire diet and have it back in plenty of time to start your wiring.

I didn't send it out and wish I had. I'm sure people are sick of me saying that, but I would have been further along now if I'd spent the money to have a pro do the diet.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
I didn't send it out and wish I had. I'm sure people are sick of me saying that, but I would have been further along now if I'd spent the money to have a pro do the diet.
Yeah, but now you're a pro, too!! Besides, it wouldn't be as much fun building the car if you didn't learn anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts