Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started at 9:00am today and removed the calipers, and rack. Now I understand how the "rag joint" got it's name. I'm going to buyer the lower joint instead of reusing this poor excuse for a universal joint.

The rack was messy and it's now going to be only used as a core, much like the calipers and MC. I paid for these things and I'll be damned if I don't get "some" value out of them!

The pads were actually in good condition as was the rotor so there could not of been a lot of miles on them but that's a moot point since I'll be using a new rotor.

The tie rods were basically shot so they were chucked.

At this point in the donor's life, I decided to leave the lower control arms and the spindle; I just didn't want to deal with compressing the spring and spending another couple of hours under the car; I'll likely get SN95 spindles and I do have free LCA's from a co-worker so I just didn't see the need to sweat these last pieces. The "buyer" will hopefully be pleased.

So there you have it; my $2500 donor netted me the following pieces:
Brake MC (core), brake calipers (core) and pads, brake pedal-to-MC rod, steering rack (core) and upper steering rod, pedal assy., accelerator pedal and cable, clutch cable, parking brake assy., engine, transmission, driveshaft. I "should" get an easy $1,000 for the shell and the BBK's netted me about $50.

·
Junior Charter Member
892 Posts
I am going to be lucky to get a few hundred $'s for my carcus and I didn't touch the suspension, or rear end. I am going to hang onto it until the Cobra is done, just in case I need a bracket or something else I forgot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts