Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Donor Budget Problem

280 views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Doug I 
#1 ·
I didn’t see this one coming. Right under the budget line item, $5,000 for visiting FFCars forum was a credit for $2.00 for change I would find inside the car. I only found 48 stinking cents. Budget impact $1.52.

Aside from the loose change fiasco the donor harvest was good. I did have to go Bakersfield Chimp on the front suspension to get the spindles. Richard (North Racing) provided the car ('89) that had been stripped of parts I didn’t need for a very reasonable $1,000. I wasn’t looking to sell tail light lenses on e-bay; I’ve got a Cobra to build. SN-95 rear, engine and transmission look good. Nothing abnormal floating in the bottom of the pan.

Archive queries and a handful of calls to Richard and liberal use of PB Blaster made it happen.

#3 ·
Monty,

After stripping completely a number of cars in the last 2 years, I can tell you that there is still that $1.52 in the car. Pull up the carpet and rear seat and center console. The most entertaining finds for me were in a Subaru. Lots of Irish coins, some funspot tokens, NH tokens and chucky cheese tokens. That one had at least $20 total value.

#6 ·
Here someone found 40,000 dollars worth of cocaine in a gas tank but it wasn't a donor mustang so it's not relavant to this forumn

#9 ·
Originally posted by Dennis L:
Don't worry you'll save more than $5k tuning into this forum.
Now that's funny! You should have put "muahahahaha" after that!

#10 ·
Originally posted by Dennis L:
Don't worry you'll save more than $5k tuning into this forum.
Dennis, surely you jest....SAVE $ by tuning in here?
Get a rope!

#12 ·
2Fast.

If the budget went that far off on the Roadster,why not save a bundle on the GT40 and just buy a new one from Ford :D ? Those nuts and bolts sure do add up!

Monty, I think with very few exceptions, around here, budgets were made to be broken. Just keep the receipts hidden at all times, and when the UPS truck shows up, say what I say, "No, I didn't buy anything, it must be a back ordered part". The trick is not to smile too much while opening the box.

Matt

#13 ·
DV/DT Richard did have the car first…..food for thought.

Oldschool, I assume there is a gentlemen’s agreement that when a spouse asks how much we have spent, we say something like “oh about what I thought I would”. And if the spending results in us selling some of our wife’s jewelry to buy parts that maybe we should scale back….a little.

Thanks all.

#14 ·
Monty,
Absolutely! How is the jewelry going to help the Cobra run faster or look better? WHEN IT'S CASH! Of course my wife might disagree about the term "gentlemen" . This is wht the florist sells roses.

Matt

#15 ·
Monty .... you have a serious fault with your budget. $5,000 for visiting FFCars forum ????

no way ... nope .... nup ... nein ... -1 and any other 'negative' you can think of ..... ;)

That $5000 should be more like $15000. 2Fast got it right. If he hadn't had to replace an axle and a wheel he'd have been right on with his costs. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.