Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I’ve looked around for discussions about having a dog as their copilot and thought it might be cool to start a thread to see everyone’s copilot in their Cobras! Let’s see some pictures!

Here’s mine, mid build. Haven’t tried driving with her yet, but I’ll be doing that soon.

Reactions: JRCuz

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha cute little guy.

Reactions: JRCuz

·
Not a waxer
12,060 Posts
We lost her at 18 years old a few years ago but our Austrailian Cattle Dog, Blue Heeler, Cow Dog, Dingo (whatever you want to call her...she didn't seem to care) went to work every day with either my wife or me. After work and on her "days off" she loved to go Cobra riding! When I would get the car out she'd stand on the passenger side wagging and looking hopeful. When I would open the door she waited till I say "let's go" then jump in and takes her seat. She mostly watched out the windshield occasionally looking to either side. As if these cars don't draw enough attention by themselves try pulling up to a stop light with a dog sitting up like a person in the passenger seat and see how many people point!

Our current little girl likes to hang around the shop and serve as the social director and official greeter whenever someone comes by but she doesn't care for loud noises so if I start up one of the cars (especially when the pipes are off!) she's gone!

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha! That’s friggin adorable. I am sorry to hear about your beloved pup passing away, though. That just have been super tough to deal with. Did you buckle her in or have a cover or anything? I love the social director. She looks like a natural. My pup might be a little too protective to be a greeter haha

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bigger cobra! He’s so cute!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
My Great Dane doesn't fit. I need a bigger cobra or a smaller dog.
We had that problem with the last two dogs, Jake was a BIG golden retriever and Fiona a St Bernard English bulldog mix.
They both loved riding in cars but could never get comfy in the Cobra. Just too much dog and not enough Cobra.
Our new dog Bubba fits and loves to get his ears in the wind.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Love the goggles. Anybody try taking their wife AND their dog??

·
Registered
616 Posts
Love the Doggles on Bubba.
JR

·
Caress of Steel
2,177 Posts
Here's me and Mikey in FFR4760...

And ten years later in 7859...

He was the best copilot ever, absolutely loved riding in the FFR. I could tell him to go get in the car and he'd run and jump clear over the door. RIP. We have two pooches now and they're not as fond of it or the doggles.

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
Question for those who have their dogs with them in the car.............( I have a 75 lb GSD)

Do you use a restraint harness or system for the dogs ??

If so, a link or description will be helpful.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts