Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might sound dumb but I need to ask. I don't see any kit in the remainder 2 boxes how does FF5 expect us to prop up the hood or is it just supposed to be closed and than removed? Whats the alternative?

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Capricho, my recollection is that in the base MKII kit, the hood is held down by pins-not permanently attached. The hinge is an option.

Buddy

·
Registered
454 Posts
When I ordered my Mk II the hodd hinge was an option. The MkIII hinge is completley different. Not sure if you can put the new hinge on the older model.
Hope this helps.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
as they have said the Hood hinge is/was an option.
You get pins and latches for free with the kit (MKI, MKII and MKIII), you'd remove the hood everytime you need to see or work on the engine, the hood hinge, you have to pay for it separately.

1 - You can put a MKIII hood and Hood Hinge kit in a MKII.
2 - You can also put a MKIII hood hinge in a MKII using the stock MKII hood and MKII support bar.
the support bar on the MKII is on the outside of the hood like this picture here:

3 - you can probably fit a MKII hood to a MKIII frame (but why).
4 - I won't even tell you how flimpsy the MKI hood hinge was/is.
5 - The MKIII Hood Hinge is BASICALLY the same thing as the MKII hood hinge, except that the support bar and support frame is NOW inside the MKIII hood not on the outside, therefore the MKIII hood is a 2-piece fiberglass piece sandwiching the metal frame inside.

Here's My MKIII Hood in action, VIDEO:
http://www.cobra4me.com/phpBB/MKIIIhinge.php

Good Luck

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THanks Guys Now who has a MKII Hood Hinge Laying Around?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts