Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my 12 ckt painless from tristates.

Don't see any circuits for the computer or the electric fuel pump. Do I need the 18 ckt or is there a way to add?

Thanks!

Dennis

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The painless 12 circuit will work just fine, but for an EFI car you'll also need the painless EFI harness ($425 @ tristates). If you plan on using the donor EFI and computer harness, then good luck to you. It's been done, but there are 6 wires that need to be traced back and hooked into the painless 12 circuit, plus you'll need to run your own wiring for the fuel pump.

I finally broke down and bought the painless EFI harness, and it was well worth the money. It has provisions for the fuel pump, plus I had it installed in less than an hour. The chassis harness, on the other hand, I've been working on for over a month now. I'm sooooooo sick of wiring.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
With all due respect, I don't see how anyone could improve on the Painless EFI harness, other than to offer a much lower price. That was the easiest thing I've installed on the car to date. On the other hand, the Painless 12 circuit has been very time consuming; not hard mind you, just time consuming.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be getting the EFI harness, I bought the 12 ckt now so I can get get started. So the EFI harness feeds the fuel pump? Doesn't the computer require power? If so, I don't see a fuse for it on the 12 ckt harness?

Fireguy, What will be the price of the EFI harness. Less that $425?
Thanks for your time!

DEnnis

·
3,211 Posts
The Painless EFI harness includes the connector for the computer, as well as relays for the computer and fuel pump. All of the connectors for the engine sensors are well marked. The hardest part of the install is figuring out where you want to mount the computer and where the wire bundle will go through the firewall.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks you everyone!
My doner was an 89 also!
This forum is great!

Dennis

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I used the Painless 12 circuit harness with the Ford Racing EFI harness. It worked out great. The instructions included with the Ford harness are pretty good. I agree with Feddersen, the chassis harness isn't difficult, just very time consuming.

Charlie

·
Nobody Special
608 Posts
Originally posted by Feddersen:
With all due respect, I don't see how anyone could improve on the Painless EFI harness, other than to offer a much lower price. That was the easiest thing I've installed on the car to date. On the other hand, the Painless 12 circuit has been very time consuming; not hard mind you, just time consuming.
Compare mine to Painless:
http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=24

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I'll eat my words. Looks very impressive.

·
Nobody Special
608 Posts
The harness on my site is for classic Mustangs and Broncos. I do not believe in the One-Size-Fits all harness. I have a new harness designed for FFR coming. Prototype will be done in 10-20 days. I’ll make a big HELLO, LOOK AT MY HARNESS post when the prototype is ready for pimp’n. I hope to have the harnesses in production and available to the public February.

I’m a developer; special pricing would be handled by our dealers. I’m not sure on the pricing details yet. All I know for sure is Quality Roadsters is a dealer will have them for the Mass-Flow EFI system. Factory Five is interested, but not committed yet, which is understandable at this phase of the project.

If you are very serious about getting the harness, I might have a few extra prototypes.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ryan,

How well will it mate upto the painless 12 ckt harness?

Dennis

·
Nobody Special
608 Posts
It doesn't! My EFI harnesses are stand alone. The EFI harness only needs ignition run and start signals, the rest is self contained.

I'll try to get a rough draft of the manual for you to download and look at. Then you’ll understand what little connects the EFI and Body harnesses.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts