Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on the FFR GTM parts catalog that they no longer list the Mendeola transaxle. I also noticed that they do not advertise on FFCars anymore. Is the Mendeloa transaxle still available through FFR? Has anyone purchasing directly through Mendeola?

·
Registered
69 Posts
When you order the GTM kit, they will ask whether you plan to go with a Porsche G50 or the Mendeola SDR transaxle. I believe the chassis set up is slightly different.

When I went through the configuration for my kit in April, Jason asked me about this. I said I was going with Mendeola, but if that went south then I'd go with Porsche. He indicated that wasn't a big deal, they would just have swap out some parts if I went that way.

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
When you order the GTM kit, they will ask whether you plan to go with a Porsche G50 or the Mendeola SDR transaxle. I believe the chassis set up is slightly different.

When I went through the configuration for my kit in April, Jason asked me about this. I said I was going with Mendeola, but if that went south then I'd go with Porsche. He indicated that wasn't a big deal, they would just have swap out some parts if I went that way.
I believe it involves deleting the bellhousing adapter plate and changing out the mounting bracket if you go with the Mendeola. Relatively minor differences that can always be done "down the road".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.