Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to get the boot over the handle but it isnt happening. Did you guys disassemble the ebrake handle? if so, how??
Thanks
dave

[ June 13, 2004, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: TT_Vert ]

·
Junior Charter Member
1,066 Posts
No - the button stays. The plastic part of the handle comes off. Here is a picture with all the plastic removed.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Frank:
Really like the way that you mounted the e-brake on the trans tunnel. Is that a stock one and do you have any more details as to how you mounted it under the aluminum and to the frame. Thanks.

Allan

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got the cover that snaps off the flat part of the shaft off. im talking about the part w/ the button and the round handle part.. I cannot get the vinyl boot over this.
dave

·
Junior Charter Member
1,066 Posts
Allan - it is the donor handle with all the plastic removed. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures other than the one above. I struggled with the "where to mount the e-brake" question for a long time and this was the best compromise I could come up with. I like this location except for the fact that it is an awkward reach. I usually wait until I'm unstrapped and getting out of the car to engage the brake. Disengaging it while strapped in is no problem.

I just made a mounting bracket and welded it to the frame and cut a slot in the aluminum for the handle. I made the trim ring out of a piece of aluminum I cut from the donor valve covers and sandwiched a piece of vinyl to seal the opening between it and the handle. I made a bracket out of angle iron for the cables and welded it to the trunk frame just above the differential. It wasn't too hard once I figured out where to put everything. Good luck! Frank

·
Junior Charter Member
1,066 Posts
Dave - that part should slide off also. It seems like I remember that it was on pretty tight but I don't think it was glued - just pressed on. You might need to put it in a vice to get enough force on it. Frank

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Frank:
Thanks for the follow-up information. Where to place the e-brake has been a real dilemma and this is one of the better alternatives that I have seen posted for the Street Performer seats.

Allan

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
Dave - some are on REAL tight, but they will come off. You might have to twist it back and forth a few degrees each way to get it to free up. Should slide off though, as there's nothing other than friction holding it on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.