Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am painting the roadster red and was planning on stripes but now am not so sure I want stripes. Pretty permanent decision...

Do you wish you didn't have them? if so, why?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Stripes

I purchased mine with stripes already and wish it didn't have them. Would like to add some team stripes and decals.... but afraid it would make it look too busy. Many originals raced without stripes or had unique stripes. I wish mine did not look so much the norm.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Deleted stripes at the last minute before paint. Glad I did. I've had a lot of compliments for not having them. It's all about personal preference. I wanted to stay away from a busy look.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Really appreciate the look of the car with stripes -- but with sidepipes, hoodscoop and rollbars, there was more than enough going on for my taste -- ghost stripes were the more subtle and perfect have your cake answer for me.

Regards,
Bill

·
FFCobra Fanatic
888 Posts
My 2004 roadster has never had any stripes. Every spring I lay out the stripe pattern and think about it for a week and then take off the tape. I like the "clean" look. If I want someone to look I just rev it up a little. Bob

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yes on stripes

Love mine, 1975 Shelby fire red pearl with silver pearl stripes. Think the cars look smaller and plain without them.

Attachments

·
Junior Charter Member
3,146 Posts
I wanted stripes, but painter said it would look better without them. He told me to take it home and drive it for awhile and if I changed my mind, he would paint them on. I never looked back. Love the look of no stripes. Pete

·
Lifetime Journeyman
1,143 Posts
The base color makes a difference to me. I prefer more traditional colors. Black, I like solid. Blue, red, white, I like w/stripes. Mine's bright red w/white stripes and wouldn't have it any other way. Just don't like all red. JMHO.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
No stripes, no regrets.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,268 Posts
Go with some ghost stripes.
Here are a couple of mine for you.
A little less noticeable from other angles.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Go with some ghost stripes.
Here are a couple of mine for you.
A little less noticeable from other angles.
Can we get some more pics of your car? Thats the combo Im thinking about just not ghost stripe. :001_tt1:

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'm pretty sure all the fast Cobras have stripes! :evil:

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Stripe

Love mine no regrets!

And lots of compliment!

Mk4

Attachments

·
Registered
567 Posts
Regrets? Nope.

Definitely a personal thing. I've seen very few without that I like. (Not to derogate anyone's car.)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wish I had them, mine came without, I'm a second owner. I think the Blue and white stripe is a classic look. That's my personal opinion. When I ask others it's pretty much split 50/50.
By the way Todd - Beautiful, Looks like a Kirkham. Nice paint job.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.