Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to use a remote reservoir on my brake MC and can't seem to find the fittings to plug into the top of the MC. I know you can use a Nisson Quest and use a plastic one, but was hoping to find something with a little more quality look and a 90 degree fitting. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Something like this?

If that is what you are looking for here is the link.

M/C covers

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I have a '95 MC with the single plastic reservoir that "plugs" into the top of the MC. I need a fitting that plugs into the top of the MC that has a "barrebed" hose fitting that would run to the MC reservoir, remotely.

·
7,717 Posts
I think the 1993 Cobra master cylinder uses the fittings you are looking for. I don't know if they will fit into a different master cylinder.

Ray

·
1,123 Posts
I got a master cylinder and resorvoir from the Quest at the junk yard. The 90 degree fittings fit my "94 GT cylinder fine. Unit cost $20.00 Ford and Nissian have discontinued them. Bummer!!!

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dan,

I checked with Nissian today. They still have them but Ford doesn't. $4.00 each for the 90 degree fittings. I bought them but was looking for something nicer than a peice of plastic. There's got to be something out there some place !!! LOL !!!
Thanks.

·
4,318 Posts
There is one in my garage that I cannot find!! I need another one, so the one I have will show up.

Junk yards, Nissian Quest or Mercury Villager

·
1,123 Posts
Thanks for the info, Tim. I ordered them from a Nissian dealer locally. They called the next day and said they could no longer get them. Only had the rubber grouments.

·
4,318 Posts
Tim did you get a part # from Nisssian? If so could you email it to me, Thanks

·
7,717 Posts
Tim,

Can you please post the part number(s) for us? I have a local Ford source that has been very helpful in tracking down obscure parts for me.

Thanks,

Ray

·
4,318 Posts
I got tired of looking and stopped at a dealer. THey said the part was still available but not stocked. It'll be here in 3-5 working days.
Part # 46026-0B000 $4.62 each. Now the lost ones will show up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.