Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the cobra R brake system conversion and need to know what wheels will work for the big brakes up front and 275X40X17 tires. I am not sure if I will go with the 315X35X17 rear tire, but I need to see them installed first.

If anyone has done this setup, I will need the wheel size and back spacing as well.

Thanks,

Raymond

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,542 Posts
I am running the same brake setup as you are with 17X9 Bullits in front with the 24mm offset and in the back is stock width FOX rear with the 17X10.5 Bullits with a 27mm offset. The tires I have on the front are 255-40's and in the back I am running the 315-35's. I havent taken any pics but they do fit well, and many people have liked the looks of them. I was told that the 275-40 would better match the diameter of the 315 but I didnt listen and ran the 255's. I have tubular lowers in the front with the adjustable upper arms and nothing hits or rubs. The wheels were from Wheel Replicas which is under the vendor list. Good Luck with them!

Mike

·
Charter Member
692 Posts
Compomotives will work with the exact wheel sizes and brake setup you are talking about. You just need to tell Allan that you are using the Cobra R brakes when you order the wheels.

I used 275X40X17 front and 315X35X17 rear on 2603 and made sure I had clearance for cobra R brakes with the Compomotives.

·
Charter Member
1,102 Posts
Isn't the 3-link in the rear what gets in the way with wider tire & wheel combos? There is a modification one of the 3-link brackets that I remember seeing, but I don't weld.

Robert

·
Senior Charter Member
1,526 Posts
The 3-link has interfered with some 295/50/15's, possibly because they've got a bigger bulge. I've got the 3 link with 315/35/17's and didn't have to modify anything.

Here's a picture with 275's in the front and 315's in the rear. The body is at the Bat's now, so I don't have any good pictures with it mounted yet.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeff,

What offset / backspacing did you end up with on your PSE wheels?

Thanks,

Raymond

·
Senior Charter Member
665 Posts
Here's my car with Team III 17x11's and 17x9.5's. 315's on the rear and 255's on the front. Cobra brakes on both ends. Pin drive arms in front and a rear end narrowed 2.5 each side.

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
Hey TMC,

What is your backspace on your teamIII's?

trevor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.