·
Charter Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide if I should install one. Thanks,Karl

·
Registered
688 Posts
Absolutely! It took some experimentation with location, but I can easily see cars coming up on my right that are not visible in the regular rear view mirror. I use convex mirrors on both sides and they're mounted about half way up the windshield posts using Finishline mounting plates.

Cheers,

Rick

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Nope and I really hate keep looking for it while I am driving
Steve

·
2,860 Posts
I also use 'peep' mirrors on both side. Convex on passenger side. Plus normal rearview mirror. IMHO, you have to quickly see what's around you all the time. Good mirrors make driving easier. You might also consider mounting Raydot mirrors on a fabricated pedestal. I'll stay with what I have till I 'see' something better.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I do not use the passenger side mirror. I adjust the rear view mirror to cover the rear and most of the right side. Knowing the rear view mirror does not cover the area just behind my peripheral vision, a quick glance to the right before a lane change is in order. On the drivers side I use a 4" convex mirror.

·
Over Engineerer
2,921 Posts
I use mine (Raydot with an aftermarket convex mirror) on my Cobra just as much as I use them on my other vehicles - which is a lot.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Took mine off. Just look over the ol' sholder.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
I put Harley Motorcycle mirrors on each side post. They are convex and really show what is beside/behind me. Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts