Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making my own switch legends plates, but I want to make sure they are understandable to most anyone who would drive the car. Can you tell what they mean, especially the one on the right?
The circles at the bottom denotes the hole where the toggle would come through.

[ January 25, 2007, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Magnus ]

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
25,974 Posts
Horn, turn sigs, wipers, defrost, headlights, vent?

Did I win some door panels

·
2,860 Posts
Heat (fan) to the legs only, on the last one. If you get everything all 'labeled-up' you'll take all the mistery of these cars away. :D

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
What Greg_M says.

I've got door panels, do I win a set of these?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ron,
I would use ISO symbols if: A--I could find them for free ($131 for a download of the standard), or, B--I can find symbols for free that are camera ready to give to the engraver. If someone has the symbols to give me for free, I would take them.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mumbler,
I had enough "mist-ery" when I drove in the rain the last time. There was mist everywhere because I could not tell my knobs apart. (Insert your own joke about knobs here.)

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ron,
that would be a great thing!

I would just need the symbols displayed above. The idea is to take the photoready symbols to an engraver who feeds it into computerized machine and makes the plates for me.

·
FFCOBRA MASTERCRAFTSMAN 5626
3,860 Posts
Ron,

Why does the oil symbol look like a gravy boat or Alladins lamp? Should change to an oil rig.

Albert

·
Registered
876 Posts
Albert,

For those that are old enough to remember as a child, that is the look of the oil can they used to add oil. I think my father still has one.

Ron

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
I dont remember that oil can but I remember the "paper" boxes that you jammed the funnel into the metal top or opened with a screwdriver. As far as the switchplates I'm an idiot and they look as straitforward as you can get without putting sticky notes on them. Will these be engraved metal? Bob

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"Speeding Jellyfish"?!?!? Why, you knucklehead!!! --just more proof that communication is not as easy as posting a picture.

Bob,
these could be engraved in metal or that stuff they make office nameplates out of. There is a version that is aluminized, which would look right to me.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
Magnus,

After I looked at the ISO pics, seems yours are the same of close enough. Given that, go with what you like.

Talbert - that is histerical. I agree and have always thought the same. I like the idea of an oil drilling rig.

TurnTwo - that is great. Maybe the last one is clover on the floor?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dv/dt and gbranham: thanks for the link. I should be able to import that into my graphics program.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts