Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...in a five lug and 17x9 or wider? I like 'em.

I've thought of looking for old American Racing Fanjets but I'm sure they'd only be in 15".

·
DRIVING!!!
307 Posts
They look like the mid 80's mustang gt rims...

·
Registered
926 Posts
I think it was American Racing that made wheels like that back in the 60s and 70s, but I’m thinking they were only 15” rims at best. I have a set of 15 X 10 that fit a Ford F150 hub. But these were on a 4X4 and are all the same size.
:confused1:

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,823 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
4 Bolt, 15x7 inch “Turbine” wheels
1987-90 Mustang GT's
I know what they are, just wondering if there's other usable configurations in the aftermarket. Like Thumper said, I think 15" is the largest that were made in the 70's.

Gordon, that link shows a bunch of bicycles. My buddy had Fan Jet II's on his truck and I know the Fan Jet I had wider and fewer blades.

Here's Fan Jet I's
15x8 1 2 5x5 5" Fenton Fan Jet Wheels Turbine Rims Ford Dodge Jeep 5 Lug 4x4 | eBay

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,823 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TKS Gordon, I read those were on the General Lee Charger.

Zaphod, you're right, don't like em on the Mustang, but I do on the Roadster. I see your point on the cleaning.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hey Thats my Car!!!

There are Mustang GT rims. Found them on EBAY... a long time ago!
I've always thought of going to 5 lug, but I think these look pretty good on the car
And yes!!! A pain in the ass to clean!!!

Dennis T

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.