Factory Five Racing Forum banner

DO NOT open an email from ffcars@ffcarscom

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Pete N 
#1 ·
It contains the Klez Virus. a very bad virus, im told.

The subject line mentioned PASSWORD

We ran norton on it and ITS infected.

Earl

#2 ·
Just a heads up on klez - klez will appear to come from someone you know, will take words from mail in your inbox. This just means that someone on that has ffcars.com in their mailbox has klez. Klez is *NASTY* in this way. Heck, I've gotten mail addressed to me with klez that appeared to come from me. Since I happen to use Linux, it's not very likely I've got klez :D

#5 ·
Originally posted by mikiec:
This would be a good time to remind everyone to install, use and keep updated a good anti-virus program on their computers.

Mike
and to be suspect of wierd email sources, LIKE YOURSELF.

and to NOT OPEN executables from unknown sources or known sources when the message or subject just does not make sense.

earl

#9 ·
McAffee ?
I have opened e-mails with the Klez virus or worms and Norton or not...if I open that suspicious e-mail it is already too late.
Norton will quarrantine the little ones but the worms are deadly. I hate hackers !!

[ December 31, 2002, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: JAM1775 ]

#10 ·
McAffee virus detection software scans email and attachments as they are downloaded to the inbox. It detects the virus before you open the email. I would also suggest you set your email option to NOT open or display attachments automatically.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.