Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an original cobra, ok, an original MKI FFR cobra
. Just curious, do MKIII bodies fit on MKI frames? If so, would it be safe to say the new line up of slab, fia, 198 bodies will fit on an original MK I frame?

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
The 289 bodies Bruce made should, but I don't know how a truly accurate 427 body would fit without some changes.

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
I would imagine both would require some interior aluminum mods, but should fit the frame the same...i'm guessin'

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure someone has done this (MKIII body on a MKI frame) already???

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
CSX bodies curve in on the bottom compared to FFR bodies. If they do it dead nuts the frame rails on the sides will need to be changed.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not explaining myself well. I am interested in understanding if a FFR MKIII body with fit on a FFR MKI frame. Anyone know?

I am then assuming that if that is the case that the new slabside/fia/198 FFR body would also fit on my MKI frame.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi. The new MK III body will fit on the MK I frame. You will need to upgrade your door hinges on the MK I frame. You would still not be able to run 315 tires on the rear without making some changes to the 2x3 frame across the rear of the seating area.

·
Junior Charter Member
287 Posts
I have a MKIII body on a MKII frame and it fits, BUT, there are a lot of gaps between the MKII aluminum panels and the body. I am still working on this problem. John

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,040 Posts
I have a mark 3 body on a mark 1 frame and no problems. I did use the newer hinges (door and hood). I think I have done every body / frame swap you can between the 3 and they all fit.
Jeff Hamilton

·
Junior Charter Member
287 Posts
Hey Jeff, I'll be passing through your area next Thursday, 9-6-07, afternoon heading for Toledo. Is there any chance that you'll be avaliable to look at my car and make suggestions about how I can reset the aluminum panels. John

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,040 Posts
I don't get home from work until 5:00pm but you are more than welcome to stop. I'm north of the turnpike and south of RT.2
12207 Darrow Rd.
Vermilion, Ohio 44089
Jeff Hamilton

1 - 16 of 16 Posts