Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Charter Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´ve installed the autometer preassure gauge with the isolator-hose in the coupe.
Stupid as I am, I didn´t read the instructions before installing it. (I usually never reads them, therefor I have to do everything twice.)

I filled fluids into the gauge today and think I´ve got higher preassure.
I need to know if anyone has filled their in-coupe mounted autometer fuel preassure gauge with isolator, and how much fluid to put into the gauge. I can´t get any more than a few drops into it.
When I accelerate the gauge stops at approx. 40 psi, but the car runs like a rocket.
I was even with a 911 Targa -03 from 0-80 mph yeasterday, and I can´t imagine that the my car would run this good with only 40 psi at full throttle. The car does easily 120 Mph with no sound that indicates starvation in fuel.
What do you think?

I´ve ordered another gauge to hook up to the adjustable regulator that I´ve also ordered but they are approx. 2 weeks away.

The gauge instructions says that if this problem occurs (gauge stop at lower preassure than accual preassure), the problem is too small amount of fluid in the isolator or gauge.
You guys with the same gauge setup, what did you do? How much amount of fluid did you get into the gauge?

Also, to everyone that has something to say:Would the car run this good with only 40 psi at full throttle? The boost gauge says somewhere between 3-5 psi when giving it the pedal. (Hard to read while driving....)

Thanks,
Peter

·
Charter Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock preassure regulator and extra regulator as FMU from FordRacing. The car backfires when releasing throttle at high rpm in almos all gears. Doesn´t this indicate too much unburned fuel in the cylinders and exhaust?
Peter

·
4,494 Posts
Mild popping on deceleration is normal. If you are getting really loud bangs, that is probably too much unburned fuel. But, what might causing such loud bangs probably has nothing to do with fuel pressure.

·
Charter Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I filled the gauge to the limit today.
I folded the return fuel hose, right before the FMU, and the the preassure went to 70 psi under idle. Now I know that the gauge is working.

However, what about this statement:
The stock regulator is 39 psi. The FMU wont start working until it senses boost (I have the vacuum/boost gauge at 18 vacuum during idle). Boost can only be achieved when accelerating hard, not pushing throttle in neutral when the car is stopped right?
If the timing isn´t set 100%, the car won´t run as it is supposed to and therefor it won´t "use" the supply of the extra regulator because it doesn´t produce that much power to go over the stock 39 psi in the stock regulator?
Does this sounds reasonable?
Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.