Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If not I'm screwed! Here is a picture of the bolt that came with the calipers, on a assembly page for the brakes. Note the difference in the bolt. Mine has the thread starting right after the hex head, and the picture has a shoulder and then the threads. The problem is that the spindles (I bought on EBAY) have no thread for the first inch and then thread the rest of the way. All 4 are the same.

Help save my day!

Dennis T
:confused:

[ January 28, 2004, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Mr Goodwrench ]

·
Junior Charter Member
569 Posts
I'm just doing my spindles now. The donor is an 88. The spindle is threaded about 1/2 inch into the hole with 1/2" unthreaded. The pins have a collar between the head of the bolt and the start of the threads. Mine look different than yours. I was a lttle confused how they went together too.

Good Luck.

Andrew

·
Junior Charter Member
187 Posts
1987-93 mustang 5.0 only bolts carlson brand part# H5022. These are what is in the diagram. The new bolt you have is most likely non 5.0 brake applications. Make sure you have the correct calipers. 2.3 vs 5.0 are different.

·
Junior Charter Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Everyone. The parts I received were for the 4 cylinder. Problem solved with the help from this forum.... Again!

Dennis

·
Premium Member
16,570 Posts
Hi Dennis,
Got your PM and you are welcome!! Glad the picture could help! You're right, that definitely isn't the right pin and I don't even think it is one from a 2.3 unless they changed in later years. They '87's from a 2.3 looked the same as the 5.0 except the bolt head was not there and they had an internal Torx socket instead (Kind of looked like an allen head bolt with an elongated head.). So I assume from this that you are saying it was the calipers and not the spindles that were wrong?

Cheers, Rod

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.