Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my PS rack installed, I am still waiting on a couple of things to get the pump and plumbing finished. I had some time on saturday , so I went ahead and aligned the front end.

I went with 7.5 ° caster (longer front upper control arm sleeves...thank Jeff k.), -.5 camber and 1/16 toe in.

With the help of the fastrax and some reasonably priced turn plates I think I got it pretty close. The hardest part was remembering which way to turn things! Also once you understand how caster changes camber you can get pretty efficient and adjust the camber a bit before rechecking.

The turn plates I got worked great and I was able to turn the wheels by hand, rock the car back and forth and not have to get up fifty times to turn the steering wheel. I think I paid around $120 for them.

Thanks to all the previous posts that helped me do this. Very rewarding to do the alignment myself. Coming next week will be the test ride of PS.

Ernest

Attachments

· ff cobra master craftsman
2,784 Posts
If you are using turning plates make sure the rear tires are up the same height as the turning plates. if you ever look at a alignment rack the rack is cut out for the turning plates so they are level with the rack itself.

· Senior Charter Member
2,015 Posts
now take it one step further. Get the car balanced. Very few owners/builders of these cars balance the cars and IMHO this needs to be done.
it makes the car easier and safer to drive.
Dave

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now take it one step further. Get the car balanced. Very few owners/builders of these cars balance the cars and IMHO this needs to be done.
it makes the car easier and safer to drive.
Dave
I will have to be very creative to justify buying a set of scales!:sneaky2:

· Senior Charter Member
2,015 Posts
no need to buy scales. Find a racer in your area and see if he will scale the car or let you use the scales.
There might also be a race shop within driving distance that will set up the car for a small price compared to buying your own scales.
You didnt list where in SC you are located. I live outside of Lenoir NC and could set up the car (for a six pack of Pepsi)

Dave

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no need to buy scales. Find a racer in your area and see if he will scale the car or let you use the scales.
There might also be a race shop within driving distance that will set up the car for a small price compared to buying your own scales.
You didnt list where in SC you are located. I live outside of Lenoir NC and could set up the car (for a six pack of Pepsi)

Dave
I am in the upstate, Greenwood,SC, looks like I am over three hours to you. Thanks for the offer, that is very kind. It would be a lot of fun to take the car up to the mountains.

I might check the Greenville area and a couple of dirt track guys I know. Thanks again.

ernest

· Registered
1,973 Posts
I will have to be very creative to justify buying a set of scales!:sneaky2:
Look for used ones on craigslist or Longacre Racing has a scratch and dent list every month and you can save 25-40% on scales and other alignment tools.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.