Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anybody happen to have the physical dimensions of the FuelSafe that fits the FFR? I'm working on fuel tank options for this summer to increase my range.

Thanks in advance!

R :D

·
Premium Member
16,561 Posts
Hi Randy,
I posted this a while back but thought you might be interested. The one shown is stock capacity but they do custom work so might be worth contacting them (see address at bottom). If you don't need the pump and all the other hardware I wonder what the price would be for a flat top, high capacity tank?

Got this from an article in the latest 5.0 Mustang magazine and thought it was an interesting, but not cheap, gas tank alternative. It comes in at $1,500 but "includes an already-sumped OEM fuel tank, braided lines, rails, regulator, AN fittings, Micron filter, the proven A1000 fuel pump, and everything else needed to complete a big-time fuel system". Considering what you get the price doesn't seen too bad.

Read the article here: 5.0 Mustang - Aluminum Gas Tank Article

The tank is made by Rick's Hot Rod Shop in El Paso Texas. They also do custom tanks so a flat top tank with more capacity should be possible ($$). Also available in stainless steel!

Cheers, Rod

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I know the cell is 22 gallon, don't have the actual dimensions at my finger tips. I will measure it tonight and get back to you. It did fit tight between the donor tank brackets.

Cheers,

Rick

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Hey Randy,

The FFR Fuel Safe cell is 17 3/4" front to back, 34 1/4" side to side, and 9 1/2" tall.

HTH,

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts