Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
They are the factory stock mounts as removed from the wreck. As you know I cut out the FFR mounts to move them back. But that was on an MKII. Have no idea what they would have done on the MKIII. BTW the look the same.
On other matters, did you get an e-mail from me about brake lines between the MC and shuttle valve?

D Ziol

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Dan and WFcrawford ...
Then If they are all the same I'll have to either put spacers or fabricate solid motor mounts or cut off the Motor Mounts on the frame and re-weld.

damn!

Dan,
I did get that email, they seem nice but I think I'll make the ones I have work.

Sergio

·
Senior Charter Member
309 Posts
Sergio, ford dropped the engine mounts on the 03, so the blower would clear the hood. Jesper ran into this when he installed his engine, even though it's from an 03 mach1. the frame mount pad angle is also not the same as the mustang. we did not change it from the fox style to avoid manufacturing issues. the mounts will have to be pursuaded into the frame brackets, and if you want to retain your 03 mounts, you will have to install spacers. hope this helps, joeffr.

·
Charter Member
74 Posts
Sergio,
My driver's side mount is approx. 3.0" from the center of the frame pad to the engine pad. The surfaces are not parallel; approx. 30deg.

Give me a call if you need any additional information. Let me know if you would like to use my mounts.

Hugh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts