1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to use my 14" air cleaner so...
Prototype
and Finished

Air cleaner stayed cool after a drive. Not the prettiest but functional.

Attachments

·
The Traveler
3,087 Posts
Nicely done!!:)

·
FFCobra Captain
11,721 Posts
You notice any difference in throttle response? Colder air should give you a little bit of a benefit. It's more noticeable on a boosted car though.

Nice work.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
25,959 Posts
Sanford that is excellent. Makes a pan workable. I have always just ignored them. I like the look but the fact that it is in the way all the time and the carb has to come off to move it = not for me.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,721 Posts
The pan I got from MasterTouch ( MASTERTOUCH327.COM ) is easily removable to service the carb.

There's a bottom plate that stays in place and the side 'ring' mounts to it with 4 machine screws, so you can easily lift it out of the way if you need to get to the carb.

I haven't looked into sealing it to the hood...gonna have to check into that.

I wonder if one of the cowl induction seals from a Camaro would fit the turkey pan and be tall enough? Here's a video of a guy installing one and it looks like the camaro base has a similar lip. Would have to cut and glue the rubber back together though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eYs3Jouz-4

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wing-nut on the air-cleaner holds it all in place. Removes as one unit. The pan is riveted to the lower air-cleaner housing. I'm using Poly motor mounts and haven't had any issues at all. I have since removed the filter top for a conventional Moroso curved top and a 1/2" taller filter with more surface area. Its hard to tell any power increase as it is many many many times faster than my daily driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.