Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was doing my dash and read the warning on the glue:

Extremely flammable. Compressed gas. Vapor or container may explode if exposed to heat, flame or other ignition source. Extremely flammable liquid and vapors. May cause flash fire. May cause irregular heart beats. May cause carbon monoxide like effects. Vapors may displace oxygen and cause dizziness, unconsciousness and death. Harmful if inhaled. May effect the brain or nervous system causing dizziness, headache or nausia. Causes eye and skin irritation.

Oh yeah, the back says it is also a possible cancer hazard.

At first I was afraid to shake the can!!!

Got the dash done, but now I'm afraid if I go to sleep I may not wake up. :eek:

[ April 18, 2007, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: DFRESH ]

·
Charter Member
1,611 Posts
Wait until you put in the carpet. You'll be high for a week.

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
heh, I guess they forgot to say:

"Apply in a well ventilated work area"

Yeah, felt a little like the late 60's early 70's after doing a full can oh 3M 77.

·
Charter Member
2,035 Posts
Hey, Sounds no worse than most of the medication they advertise on TV... :D

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Yummy!!

And I thought the acetone fumes were bad (or is that good, hhhmmm...) to get all those #[email protected]! sharpie marks off. Guess I have the spray adhesive to look forward to.

John

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
May cause dizziness,
sudden outbursts of song,
distrust of farm animals,
slight nausea,
gastric disturbances,
and occasional sudden death. WTF?

-Steve

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Have to agree installing the carpet was the worse. If the fumes don't get you there's a good chance the razor knife will. By the time you get the footbox carpet glued down, you find your self staring into space. Hmm.. what was I doing again? :rolleyes:

·
Feng Shui Master
1,224 Posts
When I read the warnings I was glad I was in Texas instead of Kalifornia.
It said it was found to cause cancer in the state of California.

·
OT Moderator
14,365 Posts
Originally posted by Jackal:
LOL, That's a good one!!! :D

·
FFCobra Fanatic
7,022 Posts
Originally posted by Jackal:
That is funny, I am glad I live in Mass.

John

·
Senior Charter Member
6,104 Posts
Besides working in a well ventilated area you might try two more things.

1. When working on the carpeting the fumes tend to accumulate in the low spots of the car so even if you are outside when you stick your head in there you can be overcome. A fan will help dissipate them.

2. Get yourself a respirator with charcoal cannisters. You can get them at HD, Lowes, Ace etc. They do a pretty good job for low levels of fumes. If you can smell the chemical with one on, either the level is too high or the cannisters need replacing.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
They say if it last more than 4 hours to call your Doctor....right, I'm calling all my friends, that there is bragging rights. ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
An old Biker walks into a confessional. The following conversation ensues:

Biker: "I am 92 years old, have a wonderful wife of 70 years, many children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Yesterday, I picked up two college girls, hitchhiking. We went to a motel, where I had sex with each of them three times."

Priest: "Are you sorry for your sins?"

Man: "What sins?"

Priest: "What kind of a Catholic are you?"

Man: "I'm Jewish."

Priest: "Why are you telling me all this?"

Man: "I'm 92 years old .... I'm telling everybody."

·
5,470 Posts
I second the respirator, I was enjoying way to many fumes during the build. When they say that stuff if flammable, they aren't kidding. I was installing trunk carpet with glue and it was setting up (getting tacky before installing. A spark from my angle grinder flew more that 15 feet to the carpet. I heard a WHOOSH and looked over to see half of my trunk on fire, BIG fire. The can of glue was next to the trunk on the tire and the heat ignited it. It was like a roman candle. Easy to put out, but what a mess. Luckily, it was just carpet from HD or Lowes.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
I'm sorry Brian... but I laughed my butt off when I read yours. I can visualize the scene and the look on your face.

Yes, please, everyone be careful. Fresh air, fans and fire extinguishers all around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.