Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trivial Fact:

Did you know that there was an "impostor" at Knotts Kit Car Show?
A Real 427 Comp Cobra was present among all the "fakes"...

Not many people noticed... I did, and only because I've seen this car before and know its owner.
the car is CSX3010, owned by our friend Steve Prewitt.

What was it doing at Knotts among all the KIT cars?
that's another story....

·
Super Moderator
29,554 Posts
I saw it too. But he left before I could see it up close.

2FAST

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,177 Posts
Look at the exhaust collector,,,the side pipe is removable :D .Sweet for saturday night cruising or replacing blown out glasspaks.Gawd,cruising right out of the collector (eat your heart out Harley-Davidsons) LOL

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Great...you can't even have a reputable gathering of fakes without having one of those originals come by to try and steal the show.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,238 Posts
As a side note -- had my Dad check out the lettering on the car and as far as he can remembr it was the car they used to test and work on between buildings at the old Parker Metal Buildings in Worc. MA ... even remebers them turing brakes in the machine shop ... like he said the good old days !!!!!!!!!

·
Charter Member
333 Posts
FAKES???? Dont you mean replicas? I know the originals are worth a lot of money but the replicas are better than the originals from a technical standpoint. I would also have to be the driver of and original that gets blown away by a FFR replica at a stop light.
When driving down the street who can tell an original from a replica - at a glance and all of you that would want to pay the insurance on an original - raise your hand.
LOL
Bill Rodman

·
Super Moderator
29,554 Posts
Yes, Lynn's 289 FIA car was there. He will probably have it, or another original this weekend at WSIR

2FAST

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
my uncle used to have an original just like that.

slammin clam.

·
Charter Member
607 Posts
This was the other one

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Those are suitcase bumps, for the original fitted luggage. My uncle's buddy had one.........

·
5,559 Posts
What's up with the wheels? They don't look like any original type wheel I've ever seen. Anyone know where they came from?

Brian

·
Registered
891 Posts
I think those wheels were on the car when it won both the Canadian and North American A-Production championships in the same year. This car has a "real racing history" too. We got to see the car run on the dyno at a SD Shelby club meeting. I think it put out about 478 HP at around 6200 RPM. I may be a little off on the RPM. There was also a Webber carb'd 289 that ran on the dyno. 458 HP at 7200 RPM. What a great sound.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.