Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i vaguely remember a padded envelope that had lots of small CNC cut aluminum pieces, maybe to cover unused holes for harnesses, etc... i also seem to remember one of them being oval, to cover the oval hole in the f-panel.

i can't find thie envelope anywhere. did i throw it out, or is my memory playing tricks on me?

·
2,203 Posts
You memory is correct. Mine had plates to cover the hole in the top of the passenger footbox, the drivers side of the tranny tunnel, I think one for the top of the tranny tunnel where the shifter is and a couple of other smaller ones.

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only hole in the top of my passenger footbox is the one i made for earl's footbox

anyway what about the top front of the driver's footbox? the metal frame has a hole also, and it is like 3" diameter. what to do with this?

·
3,760 Posts
There's a plate for that, pre-drilled with rivet holes. For EFI, you'd use it for the harness bundle.

AJ

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh man i wonder what FFR would charge me for all the parts

i have carb and new wiring, only using holes i made

holey moley

or maybe i can get them one by one by u.s mail

·
1,569 Posts
As I recall some of the larger ones mentioned above are not in the pouch. Check your bill of material for that to see if each part in that bag is listed.

My powdercoater lost the 3 inch round one so I had to order another one from FFR.

·
he who lives by the sword. gets shot by those who
2,847 Posts
just so you know, the three inch hole on the drivers side is for the factory harness(if using a donor harness) thought that needed to be cleared up.
HTH,
Ben

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Eddie,

I may have some left over from my builds, Pm me if you need them. They are really useful for bits and pieces of the build.

There is one for the tranny tunnel cable pass through one for the front F piece, one for the oval etc.

The small oval often gets used as a steering shaft bezel.

Lemme know what you need, I may have it.

·
Non-whiner
10,646 Posts
Thanks for the reminder, Eddie. I never received mine for my coupe and called FFR about them. They said they would get them right out and never did. I have to call them again...

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Mine were packed in the same box with the larger panels in a padded envelope.

Tom

·
3,760 Posts
Check with your paperwork. I lost mine, and had just about given up and decided to ask FFR for replacements. Then I went back into my Roadster file for something and there was the padded evelope holding all the aluminum block-off plates, in with all the papers. I think (but I'm not sure) that the padded envelope actually came with all the paperwork, not inside one of the boxes.

AJ

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mine came packed in with the box of aluminum panels. i had no idea what it was at first. now it's gone.

i'm going to look for what i need and give some shout outs...

good thread here guys

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
It would be nice if they were numbered so we knew where they all went -- it makes it easier (but less fun?) than guessing...

-SB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts