Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Charter Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bored and looking through catalogs at work and found this. It seems pretty compact.

web page

·
4,494 Posts
Here is the problem I see with that heater. That won't fit behind the dash. Therefore, you will need to put the blower section in the engine compartment through the firewall. If you do that, it will be pulling its air from the smelly engine area. Further, you won't be able to shut off that air flow, even when the blower is turned off. Suggest you get the Vintage Compact one from Tristates. Easy to install, recycles the air inside the passenger compartment. Install is easy.

·
Charter Member
276 Posts
Mike,

I put a simliar unit in FFR2774. Installed it vertically between the dash and firewall on passenger side after car was built. Fit without cutting firewall. Also left sufficient room at outlet to run custom made ductwork to windshield defrost vents and to drivers side of car.
My unit was around $75 new. Another $30 in vent pieces and cable controlled shut off valve for water lines to the heater.
Heat will burn legs of passenger if run at full blast.
If you enjoy the challenge of a completely customized setup then do it and save a few bucks. If you want an easier install then go with the other heaters.

Jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.