Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen from several old posts about using aluminum diamond plate as floormats, then having them covered in bed liner. Has anyone used Line-X? I have it in my truck and think it looks far better than Rhino. BUT, I called them and told them what I wanted and they wanted to sandblast ($100) then prime them first (another $100)....then finally pay the time and materials for the actual Line-X.

Anyway have this experience?

Way toooo high.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I have been thinking about this as well. I think I might just try to find a couple race deck tiles ( or race deck knock offs). It sounds like this would be a lot cheaper.

·
7,718 Posts
I just used them as is and cut them to fit.

Ray

·
Donewith this
525 Posts
I just used them as is and cut them to fit.

Ray
That looks awesome. I've worn some holes in the carpeted floor mats on my MK II. I might try some plain aluminum covered with carbon fiber as I have cf spats, switches, etc. for a different look. Another winter project!

·
Out of Time
1,524 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, I like that black diamond plate material! Makes me wish i had known that. I cut a template out of cardboard and transferred the image to the diamond plate...then used a plasma cutter. Fit perfectly.

BUT.....anyone have other comments on the Line-X? Is the do-it-yourself bed liner material look as good?

If not, i may stick with the stock look.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Why have carpet if your going to cover it up with aluminum? 2 layers of aluminum with carpet sandwiched in between?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So said layer of carpet is not ruined by my foot in and out of the gas...

Plus I've read on here how all the floormats degrade over time and thought i liked this idea better.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I've seen from several old posts about using aluminum diamond plate as floormats, then having them covered in bed liner. Has anyone used Line-X? I have it in my truck and think it looks far better than Rhino. BUT, I called them and told them what I wanted and they wanted to sandblast ($100) then prime them first (another $100)....then finally pay the time and materials for the actual Line-X.

Anyway have this experience?

Way toooo high.
Geez they are telling you they don't want to do it unless they can rip you off. I'd scuff 'em up and find a bed liner dealer willing to spray them next time they spray a bed for a decent fee.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts